Do you need to get your hands on a reliable medium or high density Foam Roller in the coming days? If so, then check out our quick review for what we believe are the best Foam Rollers currently available in the UK at present which can be ordered online and delivered to your home hassle free in a matter of a few working days. We have reviewed over 30 Foam Rollers and narrowed our results down to our top 5 picks which hopefully can help speed up the process when it comes to making your own preferred selection.
Benefits of Foam Rollers
There are many benefits to using Foam rollers such as loosening out your muscles for a pre-workout stretch which in turn helps to reduce the levels of possible injuries you may get. In addition, using the Foam rollers after your session helps to improve the recovery by loosening out any muscle knots you have and sooth any sore muscles areas. For people with tight muscle pains or muscle aches or tensed regions, the Foam rollers assist in the blood flow to that particular region which in turn helps to speed up your overall recovery for your next upcoming training session. These Foam rollers in particular will help to eliminate muscle tension and pain, increase your flexibility, improve blood flows and can help to reduce the risk of possible upcoming injuries.
Video Tips – How to use Foam Roller for Recovery
Medium Density vs High Density Foam Rollers
If you are a beginner or lack the experience of a High density foam roller, then you are better off starting with a medium density Foam roller instead as they apply less pressure on your skin and joints and they provide a cushioned effect for a more comfortable rolling experience. The medium density roller will allow a less intense rolling session especially when your muscles are too tense or sore for a harder higher density Foam rolling experience – this can prove to be particularly important when it comes to glutes, calf muscles and spinal back muscle areas.
Muscle Knot Relief
One of the key benefits of the foam rollers is the release of tight muscle knots which can happen after prolonged sessions of walking, running or exercises. The tissues around the muscles can form knots which in turn makes it tense and uncomfortable so when you use the Foam rollers in the affected areas, the blood flow and fascia tissues are treated to help speed up the recovery process and allows them to relax and reduce tensions in the specific muscle areas.
View also: Review of best Yoga mats here
Best Foam Rollers in the UK – 5 Recommendations
Option 1: Core Balance 90cm EPE Foam Roller
Available direct at Core Balance
3 colours – Blue, Black Purple
30 day hassle free return policy
Back up service @ 0345 519 1599
Size 90cm long by 15cm wide
Upper back, spine, legs, knots
Medium density EPE foam
Helps recovery of sore muscles
Best Foam Roller Overview:
- Our first recommendation for Foam rollers is the medium density Core Balance 90cm EPE Foam Roller which is 90cm long by 15cm wide (6 inches) and is ideal for beginners or people who prefer a medium density foam roller instead of a high density roller. Generally speaking you can expect to get your hands on this for less than £25 and in some cases less than £20 when seen at the time of this review.
- There are 3 colour options for this foam roller – Blue / Black / Purple, deliveries are generally 3 to 5 working days and you get a hassle free 30 day return policy when you buy direct from Core Balance Fitness in the UK. The length of 90cm offers more stability when it comes to rolling various muscles, your spinal and back regions and it feels great overall due to the medium density level of the EPE foam
- Unlike the higher density tougher Foam rollers, this Foam roller adds an extra level of comfort with the EPE medium density and the width allows comfortable use when applying it to your back and spinal areas or using both legs at the same time.
- It can help improve the blood flow to sore muscle areas, increase flexibility, reduce possible injuries and the medium density allows a more comfortable feel on your joints for both beginners and more accomplished users. While it tends to be more expensive, you are getting a longer than normal Foam roller here at 90cm long
Price Guide: Less than £25 @ Core Balance UK
Option 2: Maximo 45cm Fitness Foam Roller
Various colour alternatives
Examples Black, blue & purple
Made from Ethylene Vinyl Acetate
Size 45cm long by 15cm wide
Helps to reduce muscle tensions
Massages sore muscle areas
Backs, legs, lats, glutes & more
High density roller solution
Includes foam muscle roll guides
Best Foam Roller Overview:
- If you prefer a higher density Foam roller, then you should take a closer look at the Maximo 45cm Fitness Foam Roller instead which is half the length of the Core Balance foam roller above so you can expect to get your hands on it at a lower price level. This particular high density foam roller from Maximo is made from EVA or Ethylene Vinyl Acetate and it measures 45cm long by 15cm wide diameter.
- You get a choice of various colour options here such as black, blue and purple and the higher density is more suited for more experienced users for the relief of muscle tensions, muscle knots, aches and pains that need increased blood circulation to speed up the recovery process and reduce the levels of possible injury risks
- It is lightweight by design and the 45cm length works great for your lower back, upper back, both legs simultaneously and it can support various exercises such as yoga, Pilates, stretching and muscle rehabilitation. Included in this package is a useful guide to various workouts and exercises you can use which works great if you a beginner and need some ideas to get the most out of your new foam roller
- A list of the most popular exercises to complete is laid out for your Quadriceps, upper back, Hamstrings, glutes, calves and more so you have all the information you need to get going straight away and maximise it to its full potential for both pre-workouts and post-workouts sessions
Price Guide: Less than £20 @ Amazon UK
Option 3: Everest Fitness 30cm Foam Roller
Lower priced foam roller
Ideal for bargain hunters
Medium density rolling
Glutes, calves, back, hamstrings
Massages sore muscles
Increases blood circulation
Size 30cm long by 15cm wide
Speeds up recovery process
Best Foam Roller Overview:
- If you need to get your hands on a lower priced alternative foam roller, then take a closer look at the Everest Fitness 30cm Foam Roller which is backed with tons of positive customer reviews and it will certainly impress you and provides great value overall for what you are getting. While it is not the best Foam roller here on this list, it certainly is one of the best when it comes to the lowest possible price.
- The length of this Foam roller is shorter than the previous 2 rollers coming in at 30cm long and the diameter is the same thickness at 15cm wide. The density of this Foam roller is medium so it will work better for sensitive muscle aches, pains and tensions for whatever region of your body that requires treatment. Having the softer and medium density allows a more cushioned effect especially if your injuries or muscle pains need a more relaxed and comfortable treatment process.
- For the Foam quality, it was better than expected and it appears durable, hard wearing and is well able to stack up against prolonged use so you can have confidence that it will hold up well for longer type sessions. It is particularly useful when it comes to upper back regions, glutes recovery, hamstring relief and tensed up calf muscle regions.
Price Guide: Tends to be less than £15
Video Demo – Using a Foam Roller to Relieve Muscle Pain
Last 2 Foam Roller Recommendations
If our first 3 recommendations haven’t ticked all of your boxes just yet, then check out the last 2 Foam roller solutions outlined briefly as follows. The FitBeast in particular is an extremely popular solution as it works as a 2 in 1 Foam roller offering 2 types of rolling surfaces and includes 2 massage rolling balls to target smaller and more defined muscle ache problems.
Option 4: FitBeast Fitness 2 in 1 Foam Rollers
Main Features in Summary:
Unique 2 in 1 Foam roller solution
Inner and outer rolling surfaces
Includes 2 massage balls (Spikey & Smooth)
Ideal for specific targeted regions
Such as feet, ankles and groins
Relaxes and massages muscle aches
Helps to speed up recovery process
2 separate rollers & 2 roller balls
Ideal for shoulders & backs also
Price Guide: Less than £25 @ Amazon UK
Option 5: TriggerPoint Grid Massage Foam Roller
Main Features in Summary:
Grid foam rolling massage solution
Dimensions 33cm by 14cm wide
Targets specific muscle areas
High density massage relief
Superior patent hollow core
Multi-function density rolling
Durable & hard wearing surface
Online video tips provided
1 year warranty provided
Price Guide: Tends to be over £25 level
If you need further clarity on the dimensions for these Foam rollers, then check out the comparison table below where you can see the sizes plus the foam type used for these Foam rollers side by side…
|FitBeast 2 in 1||42cm||15cm||High||EVA|
Video Demo – Foam Rolling Routine session example
Sports Massage Costs
One way of reducing your ongoing sports massage costs is to get your hands on an effective textured Foam roller which when used properly, can provide all the sports massage requirements you will need without the added expense of going to a sports massage professional. For more serious injuries that require further support, investing in a foam roller allows more frequent use and treatment as it can be used in the comfort of your own home at a time that suits you. Many people find that the costs of massage physiotherapy too high and that smaller aches and pains can be treated just as good by a reliable and trustworthy Foam roller instead.
Dual Foam Rollers
The one key advantage of having a dual Foam roller is having flexibility when it comes to using different type roller surfaces such as grooved higher density surfaces and smoother textured surfaces so you can start on the easier more comfortable roller and then work your way towards the more difficult grooved roller surfaces as time goes by. This is extremely important when it comes to heavily injured muscles that need to be treated with more care and comfort initially before any heavier massage work can be completed. Instead of lying down flat on the roller with serious aches, it can be more comfortable in these cases to start with a wall surface instead and adjust the required pressure as best as you see fit.
Read also: Best value Resistance Band selection
After completing our short review for the best possible Foam rollers in the UK, we hope our work here can help you out in some small way and perhaps give you some ideas to consider and think about. We have included longer Foam rollers up to 90cm long as well as shorter 30cm Foam rollers, 2 in 1 Foam rollers, EPE foam rollers and EVA Foam rollers so there should be something here that can cater for your own individual needs.
Which one would we choose? After further consideration, it would have to be the FitBeast 2 in 1 roller and further information along with todays updated price can be double checked below…
Feedback – Educate Others?
Have you used any of these Foam Rollers yourself in the recent past? Or would you recommend other brands?
If possible, please feel free to educate others in the wider UK community by leaving your opinions or feedback in the comment box section provided below…