Hello once again and many thanks for taking the time to visit this Kettler Rowing Machine Review which will cover 2 separate models so at least you have more than just one choice when it comes to making a final decision. In this review, we will outline all the main features that you need to be aware off plus the main pros and cons associated to each so you can get a better understanding of what each of them has to offer.
We are aware that prices will be important to you and to ensure you get the best value for your money, please take a quick look at the price checkers provided below beneath each image as prices can change slightly from month to month or even week to week depending on local promotional or discount activities. In addition, if you wish to look beyond the Kettler brand, 2 other lower priced alternatives are also outlined at the end of this page that are worth a closer look also. So, without further delay, let’s get started with this review…
Rowing Machine Review Overview:
|Models:||2 Model Compilation Overview|
|Price Levels:||Approx £280 to £750 (at the time of this review)|
|Reliable Supplier:||Amazon – View current stocks here|
|Orders Online:||Yes, orders accepted online|
|Deliveries:||Location dependant, tends to be 1 to 5 working days|
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What warranty is available?
A. There is a 3 years parts and labour warranty
Q. What is the maximum user weight allowed on the Kettler Stroker Rower?
A. The maximum weight allowance for the Kettler Stroker Rower is 130kg
Q. What are the folded dimensions of the Kettler Stroker?
A. The dimensions when folded are 103cm by 60cm by 141cm
Q. What happens if the rope snaps?
A. Request a replacement from your seller and keep your receipt in a safe place.
Kettler Rowing Machine Review (2 Models)
1, The Kettler Stroker Rowing Machine
- The first model under this Kettler Review is the Kettler Stroker Rowing Machine which is made from 80% Steel 20% Plastic, comes in at a dimension of L218.4 by W61 by H98cm and weighs just 38kg. The maximum user weight allowance is 130kg and can be folded away when not in use.
- There is the rope pull system with the magnetic resistance in 8 different stages, it has the Sweat resistant key pad and includes the visual alarm for upper pulse limits. In addition, the Flywheel weight is 4kg or 8.8lbs, it has the Integrated POLAR compatible receiver for use with the included chest strap and the pulse recovery fitness test and target settings when needed.
- This rower comprises of a single handle rowing style and includes the LCD Monitor Display to track all the major functions one would expect. There is also the Heart Rate Measurement by an ear clip which is not included and sold separately.
- Please note also that it has transportation wheels included to allow easier movement around your home, it has a 3 years parts and labour warranty and the todays price level can be viewed below. Assembly is required and shouldn’t take any more than 30 minutes to complete
- You get a 3 year warranty which gives additional confidence when you buy
- Can be folded away when not in use saving you living space in your home
- The key pad is sweat resistant so it’s one less thing to worry about
- Transport wheels make it very easy to move around your home
- Allows users up to 130kg in weight and has the visual alarm for upper pulse limits.
- Ideal for serious type athletes looking for longer and more intense type cardio workouts
- Assembly is quite easy once all the parts are laid out carefully
- Price level will be seen as too high for too many people. In addition, the price levels tend to vary quite a lot depending on discount activities
- Issues have been reported about the rope breaking or snapping in the past so please ensure you keep your receipt in a safe place if this happens to you.
- Getting replacement ropes if it snaps is annoying and not as easy as one would think.
- Can move slightly forward and backward if not placed on carpet when completing harder type sessions
- Display screen can be difficult to see and could be brighter to keep track of your training.
2, The Kettler Favorit Rowing Machine
- The second model under this review is the Kettler Favorit Rowing Machine which is more expensive than the first model outlined above and has the designed frame with ball bearings in the padded seats and rollers to provide a smooth glide along the main aluminium track.
- It also has the pivoting footplates which provide optimal foot positioning when working and the LCD computer displays time, oar strokes, current cadence, cumulative distance over all training sessions, your heart rate and kilojoules.
- This model has the Hydraulic cylinder resistance which is controlled by the leverage style tension adjustments and comes in with dimensions of 129.5 by 38.1 by 22.9cm. The weight to take note of also is 23.6kg which is considerably lighter than the model above.
- The ear lobe clip (sold separately) can measure the heart rate electronically and the warranty available here is also 3 years parts and labour. Pricewise when last seen on sale it compared very well against similar brands with the same level of features and can be double checked below. Lastly, please note that the maximum user weight allowance here is 130kg.
- Hydraulic cylinder resistance and leverage style tension adjustment control - you get the resistance exercise which is regulated by hydraulic pistons
- No ropes to worry about snapping like the Stroker above and can handle 130kg user weight.
- The padded seats rollers provide a smooth glide for movements and quieter than an air rower.
- Footplates can be pivoted for best positioning and includes the easy to read LCD display
- Strong and solid piece of equipment – no way flimsy at all and provides great overall value for the amount of money you have to spend
- Noise level is low but still can be a small bit annoying for some
- Adjusting the tension levels for both sides or either side equally can be difficult at times
- Locking mechanism for the tension tends to slip from time to time
- Assembly will be difficult for some – please allow sufficient time and patience and lay out all the parts clearly before you start.
- Keeping the desired resistance settings could be easier to manage.
2 Further options of Rowing Machines under the Kettler Brand are also outlined below namely the Kettler Coach M Rowing Machine and the Kettler Appareils de Fitness which you may want to consider also…
If you are still undecided about the Kettler brand of Rowing machines, then you should check out the 2 further options provided below which are definitely worth a closer look also namely the Body Sculpture Twin Hydraulic Rower and the Body Train 1201 Rowing machine outlined below…
Have you any experience of using Kettler Rowing Machines yourself?
Then please educate the UK wider community by leaving your feedback (good or bad) in the comment section provided below – So that they can learn also!
Finally, many thanks for taking the time to visit and best wishes with achieving your own personal fitness goals in the weeks and months ahead.