If you are thinking about buying an Exercise Bike under the ProForm brand in the coming days, then make sure to check out this brief review which covers all the main functions, pros and cons you need to be aware of before you buy.
This Proform Exercise Bike review will cover 3 models in the range so can look at more than just 1 model type and a summary table is outlined at the end of this page if you need any further clarity.
In addition, the main features will be compared against other models in the industry to give you an overview on the options available to you and make sure to use the price checkers provided below as prices can change from month to month.
Exercise Bike Review Overview:
|Brand:||ProForm Exercise Bikes|
|Models:||3 separate models|
|Price Levels:||Approx £300 to £450 (at the time of this review)|
|Warranty:||2 Years Parts and Labour|
|Reliable Suppliers:||Argos UK / Amazon UK|
|Orders Online:||Yes, Orders accepted online with Free delivery|
|Deliveries:||Location dependant, tends to be 1 to 5 working days|
Proform Exercise Bike Reviews - 3 Models
1, The ProForm Recumbent Bike- 310 CSX
- The first ProForm Exercise bike under review is the 310 CSX Recumbent Bike which is somewhat untested across the market like many other models over a significant period of time. This exercise bike is great for intensive cardio workouts and provides you with a magnetic resistance system and 16 different user programmes to work with.
- The programmes includes 8 interval and 8 calorie types, there are the self level pedals with pedal straps and the weight of this flywheel is 5kg. There are also 16 different tension levels to choose from, you are provided with the MP3 connection to keep you motivated and the seat is adjustable to suit your height.
- The console is user friendly and display functions such as distances, calories used, times taken, rpm and of course speed levels and there are the pulse sensors on the hand grips so that can be monitored as well.
- The maximum user weight here us 125kg and the cost tends to be in the £300 to £330 bracket when checked at the time of this review which of course should be checked further below.
- Lots of features thrown in to make your workouts at home more enjoyable
- MP3 connection included is a bonus
- Lots of tension levels to choose from and 16 pre-set programmes
- Great selection of programmes to use be it for calories or intervals.
- Price level is a lot higher – well worth it if you have the additional money but not everyone can afford it.
- Lighter flywheel weight and small level of assembly is required.
- Batteries are not included
2, The ProForm Indoor Trainer - 250 SPX
- The second model under review is the ProForm Indoor Trainer model number 250 SPX which tends to higher priced than the 310 CSX in the region of £100 or more so please be prepared to dig deeper into your pockets for this piece of fitness equipment.
- Here the flywheel weight is 18kg, there is the self level pedals with the pedal cover straps, both the seat and the handlebars are adjustable and a maximum user weight allowance is 115kg.
- This model will provide assistance with helping to build out endurance levels, toning up your body and strengthening your cardio fitness levels and the console included will outline the main parameters you need such as distances, times taken and speed levels.
- In addition, there is a 2 year parts and labour guarantee and the price tends to be around the £380 to £420 level which can be checked below if you are interested in taking a closer look.
- Significantly heavier flywheel weight (13kg heavier than the 310 CSX)
- You can adjust the handlebars and the seat to your liking and little to no assembly is required upon delivery
- Transportation wheel help with moving a heavier piece of equipment.
- Comfortable saddle seat which helps with longer type workouts
- The maximum user allowance is 10kg less than the 310 CSX recumbent bike
- Heavier piece of equipment - much more difficult to move around and you need to be careful not to strain anything
- Batteries are not included and need to be purchased separately.
3, The ProForm Exercise Bike -225 CSX
- The third and final model under this review is the ProForm Exercise Bike model number 225 CSX which is usually priced at the same level as the 250 SPX and has a frictionless magnetic resistance system built in so you get a really quiet and smooth bike ride.
- There are 20 built in programmes to choose from depending on how hard you want to work and there is also the iFit Bluetooth compatibility if needed. There are the sensors built in on the handles also to monitor your pulse, the flywheel weight is inertia-enhanced 8kg and there are 20 levels of tension controls available.
- The 20 programmes consist of 10 interval workouts and 10 tempo workouts, the seat can be adjusted to your liking and there is also the MP3 connection to help keep you motivated. It is mains powered, there is the Magnetic resistance system and the maximum user allowance comes in at 125kg.
- Please note also that there is the faster gear ratio and effective weight placement which means you can count on a high-quality bike that will last for a long period of time. In addition, the seat is adjustable to suit your size and the price can range anywhere from £350 to £450 depending on the level of ongoing promotional or discount activities.
- iFit Bluetooth compatibility built in when needed and more technology built in overall
- Frictionless magnetic resistance and 20 tension levels
- User friendly console and 20 great programmes to choose from which takes the guesswork out of your training
- Includes the MP3 connectivity and the oversized cushioned seat for extra comfort as you train
- Price level can be seen as too high for many buyers
- Only for people who have a higher level of disposable income
A quick summary table is outlined below plus some comparisons against the Roger Black Exercise bikes that may be of interest to you.
|ProForm 310 CSX Recumbent||H 127 W 65 D 145cm||5kg||16||Max 125kg||29kg|
|ProForm Indoor Trainer 250 SPX||H 99 W 48 D 110cm||18kg||16||Max 115kg||57kg|
|ProForm 225 CSX||H 161 W 54 D 96cm||8kg||20||Max 125kg||26kg|
|Roger Black Plus Magnetic||H 123 W 59.5 D 97cm||3.5kg||8||Max 125kg||24kg|
|Roger Black Folding||H 118 W 41 D 84cm||2.5kg||8||Max 100kg||17kg|
|Roger Black Manual Aerobic||H 115 W 52 D 116cm||18kg||8||Max 125kg||50kg|
If you are still undecided and need to consider lower priced alternatives, then make sure to check out either of the 2 options provided below and are worth a closer look if you need to work with a lower type budget…
Have you any past personal experiences with the ProForm Exercise Bike Range???
If so, then please educate the wider UK community by leaving your feedback in the comment section below!