If you are considering buying a Roger Black Treadmill in the coming days, then make sure to check out this short compilation Roger Black Treadmill review which compares 4 popular models and outlines what each of them has to offer in term of features and capabilities. We have also included comparisons of the Roger Black treadmill models against various other brands in the industry so you can see for yourself if a treadmill under this brand is the one for you or not. This summary and comparison chart is outlined at the end of this review so make sure to check that out also.
For each of the models, we will outline all the main features you need to be aware of, the pros and also the cons that you need to know before making any buying decisions, so let’s get started with this review without any further delay…
Treadmill Review Overview:
|Models||4 popular models reviewed and compared|
|Price Levels||Approx £300 up to £600 (at the time of this review)|
|Reliable Supplier:||Argos - View Stock Levels Here|
|Orders Online||Yes, orders accepted online with free delivery|
|Deliveries||Location dependant – Generally within a few days|
Roger Black Treadmill Review - 4 Model Compilation
1, The Roger Black Easy Fold Treadmill - JX-651W
Overview of Features:
- The first model under this review is the Roger Black Easy Fold Treadmill which is considered to be the most basic model in the range and also tends to have the lowest prices available which is one of the main reasons for its popularity.
- Like many others, this treadmill is foldable which is standard nowadays and is more or less ready to go right out of the box – little to no assembly is required on your end. It has 14 programmes for selection, a built-in speaker with an MP3 connection also.
- The cushioning system here is rubber to absorb the impact of the workout on the double floor running deck, it can operate up to a maximum speed of just 13km/hr and the maximum user allowance is 110kg (17.5 stone). There are just 2 incline levels here which are adjusted manually and the motor operates off a power level of 1 HP continuous level. (2HP @ peak)
- The size of this run deck is 120 by 41cm and the console will show you various parameters such as pulse rate, calories burnt, speed, distance travelled and of course time. Pricewise, the last time I looked it was in the region of £280 to £320 which of course is worth being checked out below.
- No expensive addons which makes it a basic and low priced option for people who need the lowest price possible. Even at the lowest price range here, you still get a quality machine with more features than one would expect.
- Lightweight and easy to move around – one of the lightest we have seen coming in at approx. 52kg mark
- Auto safe safety system in place and the 14 programmes are great for beginners.
- Includes the innovative folding mechanism to accommodate the handles and the console
- Limited to a 13 km/hr run speed where others can go to 16, 18 and some even to 20 km/hr. If you want to run faster than 13 km/hr, then please scroll further down the page to view more options.
- Only has 14 programmes – plenty for some however many others prefer 20 and even 30 programmes
- Incline is manual only where more premium and more expensive models are automatic and give a lot more than just 2 incline levels.
- One the narrowest run decks coming in at 41cm so not ideal for people preferring a wider deck, for example many people prefer 45cm or 50cm wide decks.
- Lacks the bottle holder
2, The Roger Black Easy Fold Auto Incline Treadmill - JX-651SW
Overview of Features:
- This model is more or less the same as the previous model with some extras thrown in but please expect to pay a little extra for this which is well warranted in our opinion. It has the same folding mechanism and can be used straight away with no assembly just like number 1 JX-651W above.
- The same speed level, deck size (more or less) and max user weight applies but here you get 16 programmes (2 more than model 1 above), the Bluetooth connection and also the 15 degree incline which are programmable for more intense workouts.
- The same parameters can be viewed be it the pulse rate, speed, distance, time and calories as number 1 above and also the speakers are built in and has the MP3 connection available.
- In terms of price, this will set up back another £30 to £50 on top of the model mentioned in model 1 above and has been seen on sale between £300 to £350 which can be viewed below if you think this one will work for you.
- 2 more programmes than the JX-651W which include body fat analysis giving 16 total to choose from
- The Inclines of 15% are programmable (unlike the JX-651W) which is a major plus
- For a little extra money, you get a much more feature driven treadmill machine which operates smoothly and efficiently and costs less than one would think.
- Still limited to a maximum speed level of 13 km/hr despite the extra cost
- Still limited to 16 programmes – better than 14 but many prefer 20 plus programmes
- No bottle holder to keep you properly saturated while you work out
- Considered to be too narrow on the run deck for some athletes.
3, The Roger Black Platinum Treadmill - JX-680SW
Overview of Features:
- The next model is the Roger Black Platinum Treadmill model reference JX-680SW and as the name implies, this is a significant step up from the previous 2 models but then again please expect to pay a whole lot more for this one.
- This treadmill is more geared towards the more serious runner fanatics and as a result, you get to run up to a maximum speed level of 18 km/hr and you can also program the inclines over 18 different levels depending on the level of workout you want.
- It is a more robust piece of equipment and is approx. 22kg heavier than the Easy fold generic options above and there are the hand pulse sensors in place as standard and you get the built-in speakers, MP3 connection, the easy fold system and allows a max user weight of up to 135kg
- There are 6 display functions and there is the console which provides details on time, speed levels, distances ran and calories burnt. When last seen on sale the price level here was in the region of £590 to £620 and can be double checked below via the price checker if you are in a position to pay around these levels.
- Operates at a speed level of 5 km/hr faster than the JX-651W or the JX-651SW. It also matches the Adidas T16, Bodytrain 8008B and the Reebok ZR10 in terms of speed.
- The incline is programmable to 18% elevation or 18 levels of incline.
- More powerful continuous motor of 1.75 HP which is 0.75 higher than number 1 and 2 above
- Allows 25kg more user weight than the JX-651W or the JX-651SW and has a much larger running deck.
- Limited number of programmes available – more are available under various other brands
- Lower levels of motor power when compared to other models highlighted in the comparison chart below.
- Although the running deck is larger, it is still smaller than the Adidas T16 and Reebok Jet 300 but that is matched also with a lower price tag than these 2 other models.
4, The Roger Black Gold Plus Treadmill - JX-663SW
Overview of Features:
- This model has proven to be very popular among many fitness fanatics as it includes many features people would expect and at a price level that a lot more people can afford. It is a great option when choosing a multi-functional treadmill without having to fork out tons of cash – it tends to be very affordable for many homes.
- The motor power here operates off 1.25 HP, has the MP3 connection, speakers that are built in but also the Bluetooth 4.0 and microphone system is included for listening to whatever music you want on the phone. There is also the holder for the iPhone or the iPad which is great to keep you motivated as you work out.
- The continuous motor size here is 1.25 HP which is 0.5 lower than the Platinum but 0.25 higher than the 2 previous easy fold options above and is able to accommodate a maximum user weight of 120kg.
- In addition, the speed level is 16 km/hr maximum and the deck run size is 125 by 45cm and the programmes to choose from include 1 manual, 10 pre-set, the 3 user settings, a pulse control and also the body fat analysis for your added benefit. When the sales price was last checked, it was in the $390 to £420 bracket which of course can be viewed or double checked below if you are interested in taking a quick look.
- Includes the Bluetooth 4.0 and microphone system and the iPad / iPhone holder so great tunes can be played when needed to get the maximum intensity from your cardio session.
- Eliminates the need for a gym monthly membership which tends to be an ongoing cost. Saves you time also when you don’t need to commute to a gym.
- Decent sized run deck and it is only 1.5cm lesser in width than the Platinum but is significantly lowered priced than it.
- Operates at 2 km/hr slower than the Platinum version and 4 km/hr slower than the Reebok Jet 300
- 3 less levels of incline than the Platinum JX-680SW but overall has proven to be a great piece of equipment for the level of money you have to pay.
A summary chart of the main features is outlined below plus comparisons against other models / brands in the industry so feel free to check these out also…
|Model:||Motor:||Speed Level:||Weight:||User Weight:||Run Deck:|
|Roger Black Easy Fold||1 HP||1 to 13 km/hr||52kg||Max 110kg||120 by 41cm|
|Roger Black Easy Fold Auto Incline||1 HP||1 to 13 km/hr||52kg||Max 110kg||121 by 41cm|
|Roger Black Platinum||1.75 HP||1 to 18 km/hr||74kg||Max 135kg||135 by 46.5cm|
|Roger Black Gold Plus||1.25 HP||1 to 16 km/hr||61kg||Max 120kg||125 by 45cm|
|Adidas T16||2.75 HP||1 to 18 km/hr||90kg||Max 130kg||152 by 51cm|
|Reebok One GT40S||2 HP||1 to 16 km/hr||75kg||Max 110kg||130 by 43cm|
|Reebok Jet 300||2.5 HP||1 to 20 km/hr||87kg||Max 140kg||150 by 51cm|
|BodyTrain Master 8008B||3 HP||1 – 18 km/hr||96kg||Max 150kg||136 by 50cm|
|Reebok ZR10||2 HP||1 – 18 km/hr||85kg||Max 120kg||132 by 45cm|
Was this review helpful? If so, please let me know by leaving a comment – Otherwise please share your own experiences/feedback of the Roger Black treadmills good or bad by using the comment box section below – So other people in the UK can learn also…
Finally, I would like to thank you sincerely for taking the time to read this review and best of luck with whatever decision you make.