Many thanks for taking the time to visit and welcome to this Roger Black Exercise Bike Review which you should definitely take a quick look through if you intend buying one in the coming days or weeks. This compilation review will take a close look at 5 models under the Roger Black range so you can pick and choose which one will best suit your own individual set of requirements. These models will include the Folding options, the Magnetic, Gold and also the Aerobic option and we will outline all the main features associated to each plus all the main pros and cons that you need to be aware of before you buy.
A summary overview table is also outlined at the end of this review to help you get an overall understanding and also make sure to view the price checkers provided throughout this review which will help save you money in the long term.
Exercise Bike Review Overview:
|Brand:||Roger Black Exercise Bikes|
|Models:||5 separate models (7 in the table)|
|Price Levels:||Approx £100 to £250 (at the time of this review)|
|Warranty:||Model dependant – Generally 2 years|
|Reliable Supplier:||Argos UK - View Available Stocks Here|
|Orders Online:||Yes, Orders accepted online with Free delivery|
|Deliveries:||Location dependant, tends to be 1 to 5 working days|
Roger Black Exercise Bike Review – 5 Model Compilation
1, The Roger Black Plus Magnetic Exercise Bike
- This first exercise bike under the review is the Roger Black Plus Magnetic which has proven to be a very popular option due to the overall stability and quality and of course the attractive price level that it tends to be on offer for.
- The max user weight here is 125kg, there are the self-levelling pedals with the pedal straps included, the handlebar is adjustable to suit your own comfort level and the seat is also adjustable to suit your own individual height level.
- You also get the hand grip sensors and the LCD screen which has the ability to keep track of pulse rates, calories burned, ODO, time taken, speeds and distance travelled and the flywheel here is 3.5kg. The weight comes in at 24kg and includes transport support wheels which makes it relatively easy to move around and it works off the magnetic resistance system.
- In terms of price level, we have seen it on sale in the region of £125 to £180 which depends on discount activities which of course can be double checked below.
- Includes the water bottle holder to keep you hydrated at all times and the batteries are included also
- Very attractive price level and tends to be discounted quite regularly providing additional savings
- 8 excellent tension levels are available via the magnetic resistance and works very quiet
- Both the seat and handlebars are very easy to adjust and deliveries are quicker than expected
- Includes a heavy duty solid frame to provide support and stability
- Assembly process difficult for some – better to have a second pair of hands to help you.
- Bike seat could be a lot more comfortable – many struggle with the comfort level
- LCD monitor result displays could be better.
2, The Roger Black Folding Exercise Bike
- Second on this list for review that you should consider also is the popular Roger Black Folding Exercise Bike which we found to be an excellent piece of equipment for the amount of money that you have to pay.
- As it is foldable it is ideal for people who live in smaller type dwellings with limited space so it can be put away and stored once you have completed your workout. There is also the magnetic resistance system, the pulse sensors on the hand grips, the flywheel is 2.5kg in weight and there are also 8 levels of tension to choose from depending on how hard you want to work. The LCD included will also display the parameters you need such as speed, pulse rates, timings and calories used.
- Please note also that there are the self-levelling pedals with pedal straps included for your added comfort and the seat is height adjustable. When folded away, make sure you have room for H136 by W43 by D42.5cm when storing.
- The maximum user weight allowed here is 100kg and price wise, it also tends to be on offer at great value prices and was seen on sale anywhere between £120 and £140 at the time of this review.
- Sturdy and heavy duty type frame to prevent toppling to one side and provides a smooth workout experience.
- Ideal for people with tighter living spaces and very quiet operationally also
- Tension level can be adjusted through 8 levels
- Batteries are included to get started and you get a high-quality piece of equipment for a lower price than one would expect – good value overall.
- Some find the hassle of folding it too much to bear and assembly can be a little tricky for some
- Adjusting the seat heights is too slow for some and there is no bottle holder to keep you saturated
- 1kg lighter Flywheel weight than the Plus Magnetic and can hold 25kg less user weight than model 1 above but overall great value for the amount of money you pay.
3, The Roger Black Gold Folding Exercise Bike
- At number 3 we have the Roger Black Gold Folding Exercise Bike which is a slight step up from the Roger Black Folding Exercise Bike outlined above and what you get here is the heavier flywheel of 3kg, the extra comfortable PU molded saddle seat and also the quick release knob for heights.
- The dimensions are more or less the same as the standard folding version and you get the magnetic resistance provided and 8 tension levels to work with. There are also the hand pulse sensors on the grips to keep you monitored at all times and there is also added comfort provided with the PU molded saddle seat.
- The seat height adjustment is quick and simple to do with the quick release knob and there is the LCD console to provide you with all the parameter information you need such as pulse, times, distances and speeds etc. Included as standard similar to the 2 previous is the self-level pedals with the comfortable pedal straps.
- In terms of weight capacity, it can handle 100kg and the price bracket at the time of this review tended to be in the £110 to £140 region which varies a lot due to ongoing promotional activities.
- Saddle seat is a lot more comfortable with the PU molding and has the quick release knob for adjusting the height
- Heavier flywheel than the standard folding version by 0.5kg
- Heavy duty type frame construction to provide balance and stability and provide a quiet and smooth workout.
- Great price level and excellent value for money with a comfortable seat which is extremely important for so many people.
- Folding it away after use is ideal for people in small type living spaces.
- Lacks a bottle holder to keep you saturated as you work
- Assembly for some is difficult and can take up to 30 minutes and sometimes more, you need to follow instructions carefully and possibly get a second set of hands for assistance.
- Flywheel is 0.5kg lighter than the Plus Magnetic and user weight is 25kg less.
4, The Roger Black Gold Magnetic Exercise Bike
- The 4th model under review is the Roger Black Gold Magnetic model which is another significant step up from the previous 3 models but please expect to dig deeper into your pockets for this one. The flywheel is a lot heavier coming in at 6kg and the maximum user weight allowed is 125kg
- There are 12 user programmes included to choose from which cover body fat, heart rates, target controls, pre-set programmes and 1 user programme. Powered by mains, there is the hand grip sensors also with 16 different tension levels to work with and both the handlebars and seat are adjustable.
- There is an attractive bright blue LCD screen, the self-level pedals with pedal straps, the magnetic resistance and also the pulse sensors on the handgrips and adjustable seat / handlebar.
- Wheels are provided to help with movement around your home and the price when last checked was between £220 and £250 which should be checked again below for exact certainty.
- Higher number of tension level s (8 more than the Plus Magnetic and folding models)
- Includes the bottle holder and iPad holder.
- Excellent set of programmes to choose from – 12 in total which is more than enough
- Heavier flywheel and has the attractive bright blue LCD display screen.
- Allows a further 25kg user weight when comparing against the folding options so ideal for heavier people.
- Higher price tag associated to this model – only for people who have a higher level of disposable income available.
- Assembly is difficult and will take you an hour if not more to complete. Ideally, more than one person is needed to put all of this together.
- Saddle seat could also be a little more comfortable
5, The Roger Black Manual Aerobic Cycle Bike
- At number 5, we have the higher spec Roger Black Manual Aerobic Cycle Bike which has the manual resistance and tension control systems and 8 different tension levels to work with. The flywheel weight here is also considerably heavier coming in at 18kg.
- The LCD display console will give you all the information you need when it comes to distances, speed levels, times taken and calories burned and both the seat and handle bar grips are adjustable to suit your own comfort levels.
- Please note also that the maximum user weight that applies here is 125kg, batteries are included and the overall weight is quite heavy coming in at 50kg total. As standard, like the other models on this list, it has the self-level pedals with pedal straps thrown in also.
- In addition, both the seat and handlebars are adjustable and the price tends to be in around the £200 to £230 mark (at the time of this review)
- Larger type heavy duty bike that gives the user all the stability and robustness one would expect
- Flywheel weight is significantly heavier coming in at 18kg
- Manual resistance and 8 tension levels to work with.
- Batteries included with a quiet and smooth workout experience
- Wheels are provided to help with movement around your home.
- Gives you a similar experience to what you get in a gym without the cost of an added gym membership
- Much heavier piece of equipment and you need to be careful not to damage your back when moving it
- More expensive and suited more so for the serious workout fanatics with extra disposable cash available
- Saddle seat takes a lot of getting used to as it can become uncomfortable after longer type sessions.
- Assembly ideally needs 2 people and requires a lot of time (2 hours approx.) and close attention to detail in the manual.
- LCD display screen would be seen as basic enough for some users.
A summary table is outlined below which also includes the Roger Black Silver 2 in 1 Exercise Bike and Cross Trainer and the Roger Black Programmable Platinum Exercise Bike which may also be of interest to you also…
|Roger Black Plus Magnetic||H 123 W 59.5 D 97cm||3.5kg||8||Max 125kg||24kg|
|Roger Black Folding||H 118 W 41 D 84cm||2kg||8||Max 100kg||17kg|
|Roger Black Gold Folding||H 118 W 41 D 85cm||3kg||8||Max 100kg||17.6kg|
|Roger Black Gold Magnetic||H 133.5 W 54 D 98.5cm||6kg||16||Max 125kg||26.5kg|
|Roger Black Manual Aerobic||H 115 W 52 D 116cm||18kg||8||Max 125kg||50kg|
|Roger Black Silver 2 in 1 Bike/Trainer||H 110 W 72 D 165cm||6kg||8||Max 125kg||45kg|
|Roger Black Programmable Platinum||H 133 W 55 D 95cm||7kg||16||Max 125kg||29kg|