If you are considering or thinking about buying a Proform Cross Trainer in the coming days or weeks, then make sure to take a quick look through this brief Proform Cross Trainer Review which will outline all the things you need to be aware before you buy. We have conducted this review across 4 different models so at least you are more than 1 option when it comes to making a final decision.
ProForm is a fitness equipment brand that specializes in designing and manufacturing elliptical cross trainers. The company was founded in 1987 and is headquartered in Logan, Utah. ProForm is part of ICON Health & Fitness, a leading manufacturer and marketer of fitness equipment with a global presence.
ProForm's elliptical cross trainers are designed to provide a full-body workout while minimizing impact on joints. The company's elliptical trainers feature adjustable resistance levels, incline settings, and built-in workout programs to help users achieve their fitness goals.
Additionally, many of ProForm's elliptical trainers come equipped with interactive technology, such as touchscreens and WiFi connectivity, allowing users to access virtual workouts and track their progress.
ProForm's products are sold through a variety of channels, including its own website, as well as through retailers such as Amazon, Dick's Sporting Goods, and Best Buy. The company also offers financing options and extended warranties for its products.
ProForm's commitment to quality and innovation has earned it numerous awards and accolades over the years. The company has been recognized by Fitness Professor Review, a leading independent fitness equipment review site, as the Best Buy in elliptical trainers for several years running. ProForm has also been recognized by Men's Health magazine as a top fitness brand.
In addition to elliptical trainers, ProForm also produces other types of fitness equipment, such as treadmills, exercise bikes, and rowing machines. The company is dedicated to helping people achieve their fitness goals by providing high-quality, innovative fitness equipment that is accessible to everyone.
A summary chart is also outlined at the end if you need further clarity plus 2 alternatives that are also worth a closer look if you are still undecided, so without any further delay, let’s get started.
Cross Trainer Review Overview:
|Models:||4 Model Compilation|
|Price Levels:||Approx £370 to £700 (at the time of this review)|
|Reliable Suppliers:||Argos & Amazon|
|Warranty:||Manufacturer's 2 year parts and labour (Conditions apply)|
|Orders Online:||Yes, orders accepted online|
|Deliveries:||Location dependant, tends to be 1 to 5 working days|
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What user weights are allowed?
A. The user weight tends to be maximum 115kg to 135kg but please double check the table below.
Q. How many levels of tension resistance are provided with the 225 and the 320?
A. The 225 has 12 levels and the 320 has 16 levels.
Q. How many programmes has the 450?
A. The ProForm 450 LE has 18 programs (9 for cardio and 9 for weight loss)
Q. How many programmes are there available in the Endurance 720E?
A. There are 25 programmes available in the Endurance 720E Elliptical Trainer
Proform Cross Trainer Review Compilation
1, The ProForm 225 CSE Elliptical Trainer
- First on this list for review is the ProForm 225 CSE Elliptical Trainer which tends to be one of the lowest priced options under the brand and provides 12 digital resistance levels with SMR silent magnetic resistance to offer smooth and frictionless movements as you work out.
- There are the hand grip pulse sensors built in, an integrated tablet holder and the LCD manages your calories, distance travelled, speed levels and the times taken. Included also are 8 different programmes to choose from depending on how hard you want to work.
- The flywheel here is 7kg, there are the wheels built in for easy transportation and it provides you with a 14 inches stride length. Please note also that the max user weight allowed is 115kg or approx. 18 stone weight.
- Price wise, the last time I checked it was available for sale in the £360 to £400 region which can be double checked below if you are interested in taking a quick look.
- 12 resistance levels to work through
- Large easy to use LCD screen and lower than expected noise level
- Integrated Tablet Holder and overall a useful compact design
- One of the best priced models under the range and gives great overall value for what you get
- Batteries are not included and need to be replaced quite regularly
- Assembly tends to be tricky for some
2, The Proform Endurance 320 Elliptical Trainer
- At number 2, we have the Proform Endurance 320 Elliptical Trainer which tends to be slightly more expensive than the 225 CSE but has the longer stride length, more resistance levels and more programmes to work with.
- The flywheel weight and the user weight is the same as the 225 CSE (7kg and 115kg respectively) and the overall weight is heavier coming in at 52kg (13kg heavier). It has the front drive and a 17 inch stride length (3 more than the 225 CSE) and includes the inertia enhanced flywheel with silent magnetic resistance for a smooth impact free work out session.
- It is powered by mains, has the hand pulse sensors as standard and the tablet holder to keep you motivated and entertained as you work and the console will give feedback including speed levels, time taken, distance travelled, calories burned and of course your pulse rate.
- There are 16 programmes available to you and the price can range anywhere from £380 to £430 depending on local discount activities.
- More programmes – 16 to choose from and more resistance levels (8 more than the 225 CSE)
- Although more expensive than the 225 CSE – it offers you a lot more in terms of features
- No impact on your joints whatsoever and includes the tablet holder to keep you entertained
- MP3 connection - Ability to attach a tablet device for both entertainment / iFit workouts
- Larger piece of equipment – make sure you have adequate space for it
- Heavier piece of equipment also (13kg heavier than the 225 CSE)
- No batteries are included
3, The ProForm 450 LE Elliptical Trainer
- The 3rd model up for review here is the ProForm 450 LE Elliptical Trainer which again tends to be priced a good bit higher than the Endurance 320 and the 225 CSE so be prepared in advance to deep deeper into your pockets for this one.
- This Elliptical Trainer is powered by mains and provides you with 18 different programmes which consist of 9 fat loss and 9 cardio intensity programmes which eliminates any guesswork and gets you going a lot quicker. There are also 16 levels of tension resistance available, the flywheel is 6kg in weight and there are transportation wheels built in to help move it around your home. The stride length is 18 inches and there is also the MP3 connection thrown in to keep you motivated
- In addition, this model includes the oversized EasyTone pedals, a holder for your water bottle and it can be folded away to help with freeing up more space after you are finished with it.
- The maximum user weight allowed here is 113kg and the price tag tends to be in the £470 to £500 bracket when last seen on sale which of course can be double checked below.
- Superior number of programmes available - 9 to lose weight and 9 for cardio sessions.
- MP3 connection to help keep you working for longer and entertained as you train.
- Longer stride length – 4 inches longer than the 225 CSE and 1 inch longer than the 320
- Includes the oversized EasyTone pedals and can be folded away giving more living space at home.
- Slightly lower user weight capacity of 2kg when compared to the 320 and the 225 CSE.
- Larger and heavier piece of equipment – makes it more difficult to store and move around.
4, The Proform Endurance 720 E Elliptical
- Last on this list for review is the Proform Endurance 720 E Elliptical which is a step up again from the previous 3 models but unfortunately will cost you quite a lot more. This model has superior features throughout and has the front drive design so you can step up to a maximum stride length and an extra smooth ride and it has a smaller footprint which is perfect for any space in your home.
- The flywheel weight here is 9kg, there are 25 programmes to choose from which is more than enough for many people (10 Calorie, 6 Intensity, 4 Speed, 4 Incline, 1 manual) and the stride length is 20 inches. Overall you are provided with a total-body, low-impact workout with upper-body workout arms as well.
- In addition, there is the MP3 connection to keep you entertained as you train and there is also the USB charging station. There are 20 levels of tension resistance to work through which operate on the basis of Silent Magnetic Resistance or SMR.
- Finally, it has the Bluetooth Smart Wireless Receiver, a water bottle holder, a tablet holder, the AC Adapter, adjustable levelling feet and oversized, adjustable cushioned pedals. There is also the Cool Aire workout fan, the transport wheels and also the 2 years parts and labour warranty if you are not satisfied. The price is the most expensive on this list and can be quickly checked if interested below.
- Superior number of programmes (25 in total) and incline training is provided for tougher sessions (0-20 degrees)
- Can suit heavier people up to 135kg
- Larger stride length of 20 inches and more resistance tension levels are available (20) to push you even harder
- MP3 connection and USB charging station are included
- It has the Bluetooth Smart Wireless Receiver and overall would be considered a supreme piece of equipment which is well worth the money if you can afford it.
- Price tag associated here is far too high for the average person
- Only for the serious type athletes with a high level of disposable income
A summary comparison table is outlined below.
|ProForm 225 CSE||8||7kg||12||Max 115kg||39kg|
|Proform Endurance 320||16||7kg||16||Max 115kg||52kg|
|ProForm 450 LE||18||6kg||16||Max 113kg||57kg|
|Proform Endurance 720E||25||9kg||20||Max 135kg||89kg|
Types of ProForm Elliptical Cross Trainers
ProForm offers a range of elliptical cross trainers designed to meet the needs of different users and here are some of the main types of ProForm elliptical cross trainers that you will see on sale
1, Front-Drive Ellipticals: ProForm's front-drive ellipticals feature a flywheel located at the front of the machine. This design provides a smooth and natural elliptical motion, and the machines tend to be compact and space-efficient.
2, Rear-Drive Ellipticals: Rear-drive ellipticals feature a flywheel located at the back of the machine. This design allows for a longer stride length and a more comfortable, natural-feeling motion.
3, Center-Drive Ellipticals: Center-drive ellipticals feature a flywheel located in the center of the machine. This design allows for a more compact machine with a smaller footprint, and the motion feels more stable and balanced.
4, Hybrid Ellipticals: ProForm's hybrid ellipticals combine the benefits of an elliptical trainer with those of a stepper or climber. These machines typically feature adjustable incline settings and can provide a challenging, full-body workout.
5, Folding Ellipticals: ProForm's folding ellipticals are designed to be space-efficient and easy to store. These machines can be folded up when not in use, making them ideal for home gyms or small apartments.
In addition to these main types, ProForm also offers a variety of features and options to customize their elliptical cross trainers. These can include adjustable resistance levels, built-in workout programs, heart rate monitoring, and interactive technology such as touchscreen displays and WiFi connectivity. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced fitness enthusiast, ProForm has an elliptical cross trainer to suit your needs.
ProForm Elliptical cross trainers incorporate a range of smart technology features to enhance the user's workout experience and here are some of the main smart technology features on certain ProForm elliptical cross trainers
Many ProForm ellipticals feature touchscreen displays that allow users to access built-in workout programs, track their progress, and even stream video content while exercising. These displays are often high-resolution and easy to use, providing a seamless workout experience.
Some ProForm ellipticals come equipped with WiFi connectivity, which allows users to access a range of online fitness content, including virtual workout classes and personalized coaching. This feature also enables users to track their progress over time and sync their workout data with fitness apps.
iFit is a proprietary fitness platform that is available on select ProForm ellipticals. This technology provides users with access to personalized workout programs, real-time coaching, and interactive Google Maps-based routes that simulate outdoor terrain.
Many ProForm ellipticals feature Bluetooth connectivity, which allows users to stream music or other audio content from their mobile devices. This feature can help users stay motivated and engaged during their workout.
Heart Rate Monitoring
ProForm ellipticals often come equipped with heart rate monitors that allow users to track their heart rate in real-time. This feature can help users stay in their target heart rate zone for optimal fat-burning and cardiovascular benefits.
Have you any experience of using a ProForm Elliptical Cross Trainers yourself?
Then please educate the UK wider community by leaving your feedback in the comment section provided below – So that they can learn also!
Finally, many thanks for taking the time to visit and best wishes with your final decision and achieving your ongoing fitness goals.