If you are considering or thinking about buying a Proform Cross Trainer in the coming days or weeks, then make sure to take a quick look through this brief Proform Cross Trainer Review which will outline all the things you need to be aware before you buy. We have conducted this review across 4 different models so at least you are more than 1 option when it comes to making a final decision.
A summary chart is also outlined at the end if you need further clarity plus 2 alternatives that are also worth a closer look if you are still undecided, so without any further delay, let’s get started.
Cross Trainer Review Overview:
|Models:||4 Model Compilation|
|Price Levels:||Approx £370 to £700 (at the time of this review)|
|Reliable Suppliers:||Argos & Amazon|
|Warranty:||Manufacturer's 2 year parts and labour (Conditions apply)|
|Orders Online:||Yes, orders accepted online|
|Deliveries:||Location dependant, tends to be 1 to 5 working days|
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What user weights are allowed?
A. The user weight tends to be maximum 115kg to 135kg but please double check the table below.
Q. How many levels of tension resistance are provided with the 225 and the 320?
A. The 225 has 12 levels and the 320 has 16 levels.
Q. How many programmes has the 450?
A. The ProForm 450 LE has 18 programs (9 for cardio and 9 for weight loss)
Q. How many programmes are there available in the Endurance 720E?
A. There are 25 programmes available in the Endurance 720E Elliptical Trainer
Proform Cross Trainer Review Compilation (4)
1, The ProForm 225 CSE Elliptical Trainer
- First on this list for review is the ProForm 225 CSE Elliptical Trainer which tends to be one of the lowest priced options under the brand and provides 12 digital resistance levels with SMR silent magnetic resistance to offer smooth and frictionless movements as you work out.
- There are the hand grip pulse sensors built in, an integrated tablet holder and the LCD manages your calories, distance travelled, speed levels and the times taken. Included also are 8 different programmes to choose from depending on how hard you want to work.
- The flywheel here is 7kg, there are the wheels built in for easy transportation and it provides you with a 14 inches stride length. Please note also that the max user weight allowed is 115kg or approx. 18 stone weight.
- Price wise, the last time I checked it was available for sale in the £360 to £400 region which can be double checked below if you are interested in taking a quick look.
- 12 resistance levels to work through
- Large easy to use LCD screen and lower than expected noise level
- Integrated Tablet Holder and overall a useful compact design
- One of the best priced models under the range and gives great overall value for what you get
- Batteries are not included and need to be replaced quite regularly
- Assembly tends to be tricky for some
2, The Proform Endurance 320 Elliptical Trainer
- At number 2, we have the Proform Endurance 320 Elliptical Trainer which tends to be slightly more expensive than the 225 CSE but has the longer stride length, more resistance levels and more programmes to work with.
- The flywheel weight and the user weight is the same as the 225 CSE (7kg and 115kg respectively) and the overall weight is heavier coming in at 52kg (13kg heavier). It has the front drive and a 17 inch stride length (3 more than the 225 CSE) and includes the inertia enhanced flywheel with silent magnetic resistance for a smooth impact free work out session.
- It is powered by mains, has the hand pulse sensors as standard and the tablet holder to keep you motivated and entertained as you work and the console will give feedback including speed levels, time taken, distance travelled, calories burned and of course your pulse rate.
- There are 16 programmes available to you and the price can range anywhere from £380 to £430 depending on local discount activities.
- More programmes – 16 to choose from and more resistance levels (8 more than the 225 CSE)
- Although more expensive than the 225 CSE – it offers you a lot more in terms of features
- No impact on your joints whatsoever and includes the tablet holder to keep you entertained
- MP3 connection - Ability to attach a tablet device for both entertainment / iFit workouts
- Larger piece of equipment – make sure you have adequate space for it
- Heavier piece of equipment also (13kg heavier than the 225 CSE)
- No batteries are included
3, The ProForm 450 LE Elliptical Trainer
- The 3rd model up for review here is the ProForm 450 LE Elliptical Trainer which again tends to be priced a good bit higher than the Endurance 320 and the 225 CSE so be prepared in advance to deep deeper into your pockets for this one.
- This Elliptical Trainer is powered by mains and provides you with 18 different programmes which consist of 9 fat loss and 9 cardio intensity programmes which eliminates any guesswork and gets you going a lot quicker. There are also 16 levels of tension resistance available, the flywheel is 6kg in weight and there are transportation wheels built in to help move it around your home. The stride length is 18 inches and there is also the MP3 connection thrown in to keep you motivated
- In addition, this model includes the oversized EasyTone pedals, a holder for your water bottle and it can be folded away to help with freeing up more space after you are finished with it.
- The maximum user weight allowed here is 113kg and the price tag tends to be in the £470 to £500 bracket when last seen on sale which of course can be double checked below.
- Superior number of programmes available - 9 to lose weight and 9 for cardio sessions.
- MP3 connection to help keep you working for longer and entertained as you train.
- Longer stride length – 4 inches longer than the 225 CSE and 1 inch longer than the 320
- Includes the oversized EasyTone pedals and can be folded away giving more living space at home.
- Slightly lower user weight capacity of 2kg when compared to the 320 and the 225 CSE.
- Larger and heavier piece of equipment – makes it more difficult to store and move around.
4, The Proform Endurance 720 E Elliptical
- Last on this list for review is the Proform Endurance 720 E Elliptical which is a step up again from the previous 3 models but unfortunately will cost you quite a lot more. This model has superior features throughout and has the front drive design so you can step up to a maximum stride length and an extra smooth ride and it has a smaller footprint which is perfect for any space in your home.
- The flywheel weight here is 9kg, there are 25 programmes to choose from which is more than enough for many people (10 Calorie, 6 Intensity, 4 Speed, 4 Incline, 1 manual) and the stride length is 20 inches. Overall you are provided with a total-body, low-impact workout with upper-body workout arms as well.
- In addition, there is the MP3 connection to keep you entertained as you train and there is also the USB charging station. There are 20 levels of tension resistance to work through which operate on the basis of Silent Magnetic Resistance or SMR.
- Finally, it has the Bluetooth Smart Wireless Receiver, a water bottle holder, a tablet holder, the AC Adapter, adjustable levelling feet and oversized, adjustable cushioned pedals. There is also the Cool Aire workout fan, the transport wheels and also the 2 years parts and labour warranty if you are not satisfied. The price is the most expensive on this list and can be quickly checked if interested below.
- Superior number of programmes (25 in total) and incline training is provided for tougher sessions (0-20 degrees)
- Can suit heavier people up to 135kg
- Larger stride length of 20 inches and more resistance tension levels are available (20) to push you even harder
- MP3 connection and USB charging station are included
- It has the Bluetooth Smart Wireless Receiver and overall would be considered a supreme piece of equipment which is well worth the money if you can afford it.
- Price tag associated here is far too high for the average person
- Only for the serious type athletes with a high level of disposable income
A summary comparison table is outlined below.
|ProForm 225 CSE||8||7kg||12||Max 115kg||39kg|
|Proform Endurance 320||16||7kg||16||Max 115kg||52kg|
|ProForm 450 LE||18||6kg||16||Max 113kg||57kg|
|Proform Endurance 720E||25||9kg||20||Max 135kg||89kg|
If you are still undecided about the ProForm brand of Elliptical trainers, then make sure also to check out 2 other popular options which I have seen on sale which are definitely worth a closer look also before you make your final decision…
LEAVE YOUR FEEDBACK???
Have you any experience of using a ProForm Elliptical Cross Trainers yourself?
Then please educate the UK wider community by leaving your feedback in the comment section provided below – So that they can learn also!
Finally, many thanks for taking the time to visit and best wishes with your final decision and achieving your ongoing fitness goals.