Do you need to get your hands on a reliable set of Ankle Weights in the coming days? If so, then check out this quick review for our top 5 best Ankle Weights which are available specifically in the UK at present and can be delivered to your home in a matter of a few working days. There are so many brands to choose from however we have narrowed down our research to our nominated best 5 Ankle Weights which should be able to meet all of your individual requirements. If you also need some tips about using Ankle weights, then check out the various video demo’s outlined further down on this page which include proper application techniques and workout tips for beginners.
Weight Range Guide
If you are unsure about the level of weights you should choose for your own personal use, then these guidelines may give you some direction on what you will need. Beginners and people who need rehabilitation should choose ankle straps of 0.5kg each while 1kg should be chosen for cardio, walking and endurance work. For toning up and shaping muscles you should go for a 1.5kg ankle weight and if want to build extra power and muscle leg strength then you should go for the higher 2kg each ankle weights.
As price guides can only be shown at the time of this review, please make sure to view the price checkers provided below which will help ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information. Discounts can be ongoing on certain brands or promotions can be put in place from time to time so we can only present price guides on this list today as part of this review.
Video demo Tips – How to Put on Ankle Weights Properly
Read also: Best Weighted Hula Hoops reviewed
Best Ankle Weights in the UK – 5 Recommendations
Option 1: Sportneer Adjustable Ankle Weights Set
Adjustable set for ankles & wrists
Delivered in a pair set
Weight 0.23kg to 1.6kg per ankle
Flexible adjustable weights
Pair pack weight 0.45kg to 3.15kg
Coloured option alternatives
5 separate weight bags per unit
Velcro straps fits all ankle sizes
Reinforced reliable stitching
Soft breathable exterior
Best Ankle Weights Overview:
- Our first recommendation when it comes to Ankle Weights is the Sportneer Adjustable Ankle Weights Set which is backed with tons of positive reviews and it certainly did not disappoint us. Time will tell how the strapping will last but starting off they offer a comfortable and tight strap grip which is comfortable to use and doesn’t give you any levels of discomfort
- While this set comes in black, there is also other colours available under this brand which costs only marginally higher such as red and purple. The ankle weight set comes in a pair of 2 units with the added weight inserts of 5 weights per unit and each of these weigh up to approx. 1.6kg or 3.5 Ibs. The bags of weight each carry 0.27kg or 0.6Ibs so you can start with the lower weights and work your way up to the maximum weights as time goes by
- No matter what size your ankle is, this Ankle weight will fit it due to the adjustable Velcro strapping and it can be used for your wrists as well as your ankles when you want to change things around a bit. They offer resistance to help build cardio fitness, muscle toning and they can be incorporated into your training cycles, walking, running, jogging or aerobic classes.
- You can also expect a high quality finish with the Neoprene design, a robust outer stitching trim and a good level of padding against your skin so that you have a great level of comfort while working out. Overall, it’s a one size that fits all, the weights can be adjusted with the 0.6Ibs sections and the strap works to a width of approx. 6 inches to 12.5 inches maximum.
Price Guide: Less than £25 @ Amazon UK
Option 2: Xn8 0.5kg to 3kg Ankle Weights
Available in a range of colours
Examples red, orange & black
Adjustable fastening strapping
Double robust rubber capped straps
Made from tough heavy canvas
Includes a tight double buckle
Ideal for resistance training
4 separate weight pouches
Covered with heavy duty nylon
All stitches are reinforced
Best Ankle Weights Overview:
- If you want to avoid a Velcro strapping ankle weight, then check out the Xn8 0.5kg to 3kg Ankle Weights instead which offer a buckle type fastening strapping and these double buckles can be adjusted to fit the size of your ankles. Not only can they be used on your ankles but they can also be used on your wrists and the buckle fastening prevents any sliding or slippages during your workout routines.
- Most Ankle weights or Wrist weights have a single strap but you get a double strapping here which comes with a durable rubber capping strap system. There are 4 weight pouches included in the pack and you can use this for cardio training, extensions, balance training, yoga, lumbar and arm strength training. The weight is 1kg per ankle weight so the combined weight overall is 2kg for both ankle weights.
- One thing you will like is the feel and comfort levels along with the design and durability of these Ankle straps. They are made from heavy duty Nylon with excellent quality reinforced stitches which is breathable and the weight filling used is iron sand in the pouches. They can be incorporated into your daily routines such as walking or cleaning around your home and the strap system works on the basis of a hook and loop closure buckle fastening
- Some people may find the weight of 1kg a little too light for their needs but this option offers flexibility of weight ranges so you can increase or decrease the weights as you see fit to meet your optimum resistance requirements.
Price Guide: Tends to be less than £25 delivered
Option 3: Adidas Ankle & Wrist 2kg Weights
Popular brand of adidas
Each ankle weight is 1kg
Designed with robust neoprene
Weight filling is iron ore
Comfortable soft fitting
Strapped with Velcro surface
Use on ankles and wrists
Half kg weight alternatives
Heavy duty stitching design
Covered with 2 year warranty
Best Ankle Weights Overview:
- At number 3, we have the popular Adidas Ankle & Wrist weights that weigh 1kg each and these weights have proven to be extremely popular across the UK public and when you start using them you will know why. The comfort levels for these particular ankle weights are fantastic and they fit perfectly around your skin tissues and joints even at more difficult training sessions.
- If you want to go lighter than 1kg per ankle weight there is the option of choosing the half kilo version which is more geared for people who would rather a lighter resistance weight to carry around with them. As the grip and fastening straps are so good, they can be used for casual or strenuous workouts to help with cardio sessions, walking, jogging, arm strength training and lower leg muscle training or even at your aerobic or yoga classes.
- The quality of the design and manufacturing is if the highest quality, it is made from robust durable neoprene and it comes filled with a weighted iron ore filling. Once attached, it feels like a tailored fit and the strap helps to attach it firmly against your body so all you have to concentrate on is the training session at hand
- As these are so popular, both men and women can use them as they form around your joints and it comes backed with a longer 2 year warranty for extra peace of mind. Overall they are a comfortable set of ankle weights with a compact design with no leakage - your friends won’t even notice it that you are wearing them under your clothes
Price Guide: Usually less than £25 delivered
Video demo – Ankle Weight Tips While Walking
Final 2 Ankle Weight Recommendations
If the first 3 Ankle weights on this list haven’t met all of your requirements just yet or if you need to spend a little less, then check out our last 2 recommendations outlined briefly as follows which tends to cost somewhat less than the previous Ankle weight options already reviewed
Option 4: Core Balance Adjustable Ankle Weights
Available directly from Core Balance UK
Each ankle weight is 2kg each (2kg x 2)
Can be used on ankles and wrists
2 colour options grey and green
Weight ranges from 0.5kg to 2kg each
Back up support available 0345 519 1599
30 day hassle free money back guarantee
Standard UK delivery 2 to 4 working days
Made from premium neoprene
Durable strong D ring & Velcro strap
Price Guide: Less than £20 @ Core Balance UK
Option 5: Opti 2kg x 2 Wrist and Ankle Weights
Heavier weight of 2kg x 2 each
Can be used on both wrists and ankles
Works with a hook and loop strapping
Weights cannot be adjusted
Fixed weights with 2 sections
Single Velcro strapping surround
Lower priced alternative brand
Ideal for strength build sessions
Suitable for cardio and casual work
Plus hiking, walking and jogging
Price Guide: Less than £20 @ Argos UK
FAQ’s about Ankle Weights:
- Q1. Can you source Ankle weights that have a breathable surface?
- A. Yes, certain brands such as Sportneer have a breathable exterior to increase air circulation
- Q2. What are the D rings needed for?
- A. Certain Ankle weights will come with a d-ring to help withstand heavier pulling and difficult sessions.
- Q3. Can you get the ankle weights with a double strap rather than a single strap?
- A. Yes, the brand of Xn8 already outlined offers a double strap for extra security and tightness
- Q4. What can these Ankle weights be used for?
- A. They can be used for cardio, balance, strength, extension training as well as Yoga and lumbar training
- Q5. What is used to fill out the weight bags?
- A. This can vary from brand to brand but a popular choice is using iron sand filling or iron ore in the weight pouches
Video demo – Workout session Tips using Ankle Weights
Read also: Popular Exercise Mats in the UK
After completing our short review for what we believe are the best Ankle weights in the UK, we hope our work here has helped you out in some small way and perhaps given you some ideas to think about when it comes to making a final decision.
We have included single straps, double straps, lighter 1kg weights plus heavier adjustable weighted alternatives so we hope there is something here that can cater for your own needs. Again, further information along with updated prices can be double checked below if required…
Educate Others - Feedback
Which Ankle Weights on this list would you prefer to use? Or have you anything positive or negative to say about Ankle weights in general?
If possible, please feel free to educate others in the wider UK community by leaving your opinions or feedback in the comment box section provided below…