Are you interested in buying a reliable and trusted Elliptical Cross Trainer for your home? If so, then you definitely need to check out our Best Elliptical Trainers list for 2019 which will give you 8 great options to choose from and will include some brands that you should already be familiar with. Our review is focused on the current best elliptical trainers for home use which will also include some of the best Elliptical trainers for men and also the best Elliptical trainers for women.
There are several great reasons and advantages for having a reliable trustworthy Elliptical Cross trainer in your home such as getting a full body workout, reducing the impact on you joints, losing weight, toning up and improving your overall fitness, blood circulation, health and wellbeing. The one thing we like about these Cross trainers is that the resistance can be flexible in that you can increase the resistance for muscle development or reduce the resistance for weight loss targets and cardio calorie burning sessions. After 30 minutes of using an Elliptical cross trainer, you can expect to burn off approx. 250 calories depending on your age and fitness profile.
Benefits to having an Elliptical Cross Trainer:
- Assisting with weight loss and getting fit
- Low impact cardio workout
- Inclines help with stomach muscles and upper thigh muscles
- Improved health benefits & low levels of noise
- Tone up your muscle groups & strengthen specific muscle areas.
- Burns multiple calories each week and also providing increased lung capacity
8 Types of Elliptical Cross Trainers Available
|1, Incline Cross Trainers:||To simulate up hill training or walking and is geared towards specific muscle groups (example upper thighs)|
|2, Variable Stride Cross Trainer:||Allows the length of the stride to be adjusted be it shorter strides for walking or longer strides for running|
|3, Electro-Magnetic Cross Trainers||Includes an Electro-Magnetic resistance found on good quality cross trainers when adjusting the resistance levels you need.|
|4, Ergometer Cross Trainer||Usually more expensive and measures the resistance more accurately via Watts|
|5, Belt Resistance Cross Trainers||A flywheel and a belt manage the resistance levels and usually are the lower quality end of the market with the cheapest prices.|
|6, Rear Driven Cross Trainers||This is where the flywheel is at the rear of the Elliptical cross trainer|
|7, Front Driven Cross Trainers||This is where the flywheel is at the front of the Elliptical cross trainer|
|8, Fan Elliptical Trainer||Poor levels of resistance are available and is geared for people seeking the best possible price and operates as a fan in a cage.|
Best Elliptical Cross Trainers for Home Use 2019 x 8 (Men and Women)
Key Features in Detail:
- First on our list and certainly one of our all-time favourites is the JTX Zenith Gym Cross Trainer which offers the same quality as a gym cross trainer can offer and it is available directly from JTX Fitness who are based in West Sussex in the UK.
- The quality of the build and construction is excellent, it feels robust and solid and it is backed with a super 3-year warranty and also a lifetime warranty on the frame. It offers 16 different levels of resistance, 19 different programmes (one can be custom designed), a 21-inch stride length and the weight of this flywheel comes in at 17kg.
- The delivery system works great and they can deliver free on the next day as long as orders are placed before 3pm and this particular model offers the bio-mechanic multi-grip handlebars which are adapted and designed to suit all user heights.
- It also provides you with a chest strap and heart rate training, built in speakers, quick keys on the handlebar for easier accessibility and control and you get the advanced console included with Bluetooth connectivity where you can get connected to various interactive fitness apps. You can also get connected to Kinomap and use the Google maps technology to keep you motivated for longer in reaching your own personal fitness goals.
- The dimensions involved are 87cm wide by 190cm long and the programmes to choose from vary from interval training to weight loss to cardio to heart rate training. If you are a beginner or a serious fitness fanatic, this machine is tailored to meet your every need so certainly give this option serious consideration before you make your final decision.
- Even though the price is quite high, the cost can be spread over a longer period of time at 0% finance from JTX Fitness directly which can be either 6 months or 12 months so it could end up costing as little as under £30 per month if needed.
- The weight of this machine is approx. 91kg and it allows a max user weight capacity of 165kg.
- The price range when seen at the time of this review for the JTX Zenith Gym Cross Trainer was in the £750 to £850 region from JTX Fitness UK which of course can be viewed more closely below…
Key Features in Detail:
- Second on our list and also from JTX Fitness in the UK is the lower priced JTX Strider-X7 Home Cross Trainer which is geared more so for people who can do without all the expensive addons and get a reliable high quality cross trainer at a much lower price level – at times this cross trainer is available for less than £400 which is a bargain for the quality of machine you are getting
- This model tends to be a much better seller due to the lower price and it has a flywheel weight of 12.5kg, 21 different programmes and 16 levels of resistance to work through. You can also design 4 programmes of your own choice if you prefer and there is a chest strap and heart rate training included in the package.
- The size of the stride length is 16 inches (5 inches lower than the JTX Zenith), the dimensions when assembled are 130cm long by 70cm wide by 170cm high, the weight is approx. 58kg and it allows a max user weight capacity of 130kg (free UK Mainland deliveries apply)
- This option is more suited to people up to a max height of 5 feet 9 inches so if you are taller than this, you should choose the JTX Zenith model instead. It operates with an electro-magnetic resistance, it has a 16 point range and there is the magnetic brake system included which offer a quiet and smooth pedalling motion no matter how hard your training session is.
- In addition, the console is advanced and will track all the data you need, it is user friendly and you can choose programs such as uphill training, fat burning, intense cardio or muscle core strengthening. There is also a selection of quick start buttons for quicker reactions and a free chest strap for responsive heart rate tracking.
- If you don’t want to pay for it all up front, again you can choose to pay a 10% deposit direct at JTX Fitness and then pay the balance over a 12 month or 6-month period so the average monthly cost can be under £30 per month which makes it more affordable over a longer period of time. The warranty provided for this model is 5 years on the frame and 2 years parts and labour which is backed by a 28-day money back guarantee.
- How much does it cost? The price range when last seen at the time of this review for the JTX Strider-X7 Home Cross Trainer was in the £350 to £450 region from JTX Fitness UK direct which again can be double checked below for a closer look.
Key Features in Detail:
- At number 3 we have the ProForm 7.0 Elliptical Cross Trainer which is available to order online from Argos UK and deliveries tend to take 4 to 5 working days on average. The price level here is certainly not affordable for everyone but you can choose to buy it using the Argos credit card if you want so the cost can be spread over 12 months instead.
- It comes with a standard 12 month warranty and you can add a further 3 years breakdown care if you wish which can give a total of 4 years protection and tends to cost around £100 extra. It is powered by mains, it provides you with the magnetic resistance system and the console comes with bright LED lights for better visibility.
- The length of the stride here is 20 inches, the unit heavy is quite heavy at 115kg and it allows a max user weight capacity of 20 stone and 6Ibs or 130kg. The dimensions for your home to take note of is 165cm high by 64cm wide by 202cm deep and it is more or less ready to go straight from the box as minimal assembly is required and should you less than 10 minutes to complete.
- This cross trainer from ProForm offers transport wheels, pulse sensors, an MP3 connection, 28 user programmes (14 interval and 14 tempo) and the weight of the flywheel is 11kg. It can be connected to various programmes and apps such as iFit technology and you have the option for building core muscles with the user-friendly incline power ramp system.
- Again, if you are not in a position to pay for all of this up front and you really want to buy it, then consider the credit card plan from Argos which can help you spread the cost of the investment over a longer period of time.
- How much will it cost you? The price range when last seen at the time of this review for the ProForm 7.0 Elliptical Trainer was in the £800 to £850 region from Argos UK which can be viewed below.
Key Features in Detail:
- Next on our best Elliptical Cross trainer list is the NordicTrack C7.5 Elliptical Cross Trainer which provides the same level of quality as you would expect to see in your local gym but does comes with a fairly hefty price tag so you will need to be prepared to dig deeper into your pockets for this one.
- This premium cross trainer from NordicTrack includes an awesome powered incline ramp that you will love and it ideal for those fitness fanatics out there looking to get the absolute maximum in their cardio sessions. The pedals are oversized and cushioned, there is a water bottle holder to keep you hydrated and the length of the stride it offers is 20 inches.
- There are 2 speakers included along with an integrated tablet holder, it is iPod compatible, it has the Soft touch upper body grips and a fantastic Auto breeze workout fan which works great to keep you cooler for longer and to give you more comfort for longer sweaty type workouts.
- Included also are the adjustable levers, transport wheels, hand grip sensors, a chest strap, 26 user programmes and the weight of the flywheel here is 9kg. It operates with the magnetic resistance system, it is powered by mains and the incline can be changed from 0 to 20 degrees which will burn a serious quantity of calories and build your thigh muscles in particular.
- The weight of this unit comes in at 81kg and it offers a lower weight max capacity of 19 stone and 10Ibs or 125kg. The assembled dimensions once completed are 173cm deep by 66cm wide by 176cm high.
- Again, you may not be able to afford to pay the full amount up front but there is the 12-month Argos credit card plan option available also which can spread the cost over a longer term. There is the standard 2 year parts and labour warranty available and you can add a further 4 years breakdown care to this which is optional so there is a possible total of 6 years protection if you want and will cost around £120 to £130 more.
- How much will it cost you? The price range when last seen at the time of this review for the NordicTrack C7.5 Elliptical Cross Trainer was in the £850 to £950 region from Argos UK which can be easily ordered online and viewed below.
Key Features in Detail:
- At number 5, we have a lower priced alternative to the premium options already outlined and it’s the Reebok GX40s One Electronic Cross Trainer which has been seen on sale with Argos UK and is ideally suited for people who have a maximum budget level of £400.
- For the price level, we found this Cross trainer to offer excellent value for what you get and it has also received tons of positive reviews from previous buyers across the marketplace which certainly adds confidence to this brand and this Cross-trainer model in particular
- This cross trainer from Reebok offers you a really smooth motion, 32 levels of tension control, a flywheel weight of 9kg and transport wheels for easier mobility around you home. The unit net weight of this machine is approx. 55kg and it allows a max user weight capacity of 18 stone and 13Ibs or 120kg.
- The length of the stride it offers you is 15 inches and the console reports back on all the main tracking information that one would expect to see. In addition, it offers 12 pre-set programmes which include manual, recovery and custom user defined options.
- It operates off an electronic resistance system so it is powered by mains, it requires a small level of assembly work (directions are easy to follow) and the dimensions to take note of are 135cm deep by 72cm wide by 169cm high.
- The warranty here is 2 years parts and labour, you can add a further 4 years breakdown care if you wish (costs £100 to £120 extra) and there are the options to spread the investment cost over a 12-month period instead of having to fork out all the cash up front.
- The price range when last seen at the time of this review for this Reebok GX40s One Electronic Cross Trainer was in the £350 to £400 region from Argos UK which again can be easily ordered online and viewed below for a closer look.
Further images of the Reebok GX40s One Electronic Cross Trainer are outlined below (4)
Further Best Elliptical Cross Trainers in the UK (in Brief Summary)
If the 5 options outlined already above haven’t ticked all of your boxes so far, then check out 3 further options below that we rate very highly and are certainly worth a closer look before you make that all important final decision...
View also if preferred – Best Exercise Bikes in the UK – Read More Here
Tips when buying your Elliptical Cross Trainer:
- Flywheel: The heavier the flywheel, the smoother and more resistant a Cross trainer will be.
- Warranty: Always check the warranty provided and only buy from a trusted supplier. You should insist on a minimum of 12 months warranty and many featured here on this list offer more than just the standard 12 months
- Location: Check the room in your home first and make sure you have adequate space to allow for the dimensions involved as some of the Cross trainers are a lot larger than they look. Avoid garages or cold rooms also as dampness can set in and damage computer or electrical parts.
- Entertainment: Plan to place your Cross trainer close to a TV or Smart TV so it can motivate you to get up on it more frequently instead of gathering dust or hanging up laundry.
- Stride Length: If you wish to do longer strides and in jogging motions, choose a model that offers around 18 to 21 inches of stride length, otherwise your workouts could feel somewhat restricted. The longer the stride length, the more you will get out of it in your training sessions.
- Inclines: If you wish to focus on your upper thighs, then choose only a cross trainer that offers an Incline feature that can also add enhanced cardio uphill options.
- Weight Capacity: Many Cross trainers have weight capacity max levels of 100 to 135kg so make sure you know your own weight before browsing or making your final choice.
- Footprint: If you weigh over 13 stone, you should try to select a model with a foot print minimum of 75cm wide by 140cm long for extra stability.
Have you tried any of these Elliptical Cross Trainers yourself in the recent past? Did it live up to your expectations or did you experience any minor problems with them?
If possible, please share your own experiences or feedback (good or bad) by leaving a comment in the comment box section provided below – so that others across the wider UK community can learn also!