If you are based in the UK, then you should check out our list of the Best Treadmills which will cover 7 different great options which are available from multiple suppliers across the UK at present. Having a reliable treadmill backed with a great warranty is crucial to have in your own home especially when the weather conditions outside are too bad or if the sidewalks are too busy or there may not be sufficient lighting in the darker evenings or early mornings where you live.
Once you have a high spec super quality treadmill in your home – the last thing you want to do is let it sit there and gather dust – you need to make the most of it and use it to avoid an annual membership at your local gym. Treadmills are one of the best ways to get fit, lose weight, tone up and building strength and endurance and it really does help with improving your mood, your blood circulation and your heart rate.
If you own a treadmill in your own home, then there are a range of significant advantages to having your own treadmill such as avoiding sweaty gyms and sweaty gym equipment and also avoiding driving and commuting costs associated to getting to your local gym. The higher spec treadmills will also allow you to operate with MP3 players, Bluetooth connections, built in speakers, screen time and fitness apps which are all great ways to get you back up on the treadmill week in week out every week of the year.
Factors to Consider when buying a Treadmill
- The higher the motor power, the more the treadmill will offer in terms of power, speed levels, inclines and endurance for long distance running.
- Budget type low priced treadmills are generally for walking, jogging and light sessions only. If you want to train for long distance endurance training, then you need to avoid low priced budget options.
- Many suppliers offer payment plans for up to 12 months and in some cases even longer, so if you cannot afford it straight away, look at the options available at spreading the investment cost over a longer period of time
- Make sure to check the dimensions of the treadmill and ensure you have enough dedicated space allowed for it.
- Running deck sizes can vary from 30 cm wide to 50cm wide. If you prefer extra space be it length and width, then make sure to choose the model with the largest running deck dimensions available.
- Technology addons such as Bluetooth, USB, MP3 connections, running apps, built in speakers, heart rate wireless tracking, advanced running programs are all features that need to be checked out before you buy.
- Check previous customer reviews and the warranty available – you should always insist on having a minimum of 12 months warranty. In some cases you will find that certain brands can offer up to 10 years warranty on their motors and some offer 2 years home repair warranty – the better the warranty – the more security you have in the long run.
- Finally, you should always double check the weight capacity allowed for the treadmill before you buy. The last thing you want to do is buy a treadmill that only has a weight capacity of 110kg and your weight could be somewhat higher than this.
Best Treadmills UK
1, ProForm Pro 1500 Folding Treadmill
iPod compatible audio
3 inch speakers x 2
3.5 HP Motor / Bluetooth
Max speed 22 km per hour
Cooling fans / 18 inclines
Max user weight is 135kg
Price Guide: £1300 - £1800
Key Points to Note:
- This superior and high spec 3.5 HP motor ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill comes available with a fold up option and it features iPod compatible audio and includes two 3-inch speakers to give excellent quality audio. It includes tons of features such as the integrated fitness tray, cooling fans, easy lift assist and there is also the iFit Coach compatibility as long as you are a subscribed member.
- It is powered by mains, it can be folded for better storage for people in small living spaces and has both the manual incline and the programmable incline. You also get the hand grip pulse sensors and the chest strap for easier and more accurate tracking
- It operates with a max speed of 22 km per hour, there are 18 levels of incline to choose from and operates from minus 3 to plus 15% in terms of elevations. There is also the Bluetooth connection, MP3 connection and built in speakers to help keep you motivated at all times.
- The max user weight allowed here is 21 stone and 4Ibs or 135kg and the size of the running deck is 152cm long by 55cm wide. The assembled dimensions are H180 x W99 x D205cm and when folded the dimensions to note are H190 x W99 x D97cm.
- In addition, there is an Argos credit card plan to spread the cost over a longer period and you can also get the additional 4 years breakdown care assistance if needed which tends to cost approx. £130. The warranty provided will last for 2 years, the weight of the unit is 140kg and transport wheels are included as standard. Further information is available below
2, NordicTrack C990 Folding Treadmill
iFit Coach compatible
2 inch speakers x 2
3 HP Motor / Bluetooth
Maximum speed 22 km/hour
Chest strap / 12 inclines
Weight 85kg / 9 functions
Max user weight is also 135kg
Price Guide: £1200 - £1450
Key Points to Note:
- At number 2, we have the NordicTrack C990 Folding Treadmill with a 3HP motor which is also available at competitive prices comes with two 2 inch speakers, an AutoBreeze workout fan, your iPod compatible audio and also an integrated tablet holder.
- It includes the easy lift assist and foldable feature which helps with smaller type living spaces and it operates with a maximum speed level of 22 km per hour with 12 different levels of incline to choose from
- It is iFit COACH compatible as long as you are subscribed member and the console reports back on all the main parameters you would expect such as the speed, distances, times taken, incline level, calories burned, heart rate level, calories per hour, pace level and vertical distance.
- The AutoBreeze workout fan system works great to cool you down during intense and difficult exercise sessions and the elevations work from zero to 12%.
- In addition, you get the 9 display functions, Bluetooth, built in speakers, MP3 connection, hand grip pulse sensors, a chest strap and of course the auto stop safety clip system for your added protection.
- The size of the running deck here is 152cm long by 51cm wide, the weight of the unit is 85kg and it allows a max user weight capacity of 21st and 5Ibs or 135kg. The dimensions to note are H153 x W90 x 201cm and when folded the dimensions are H181 x W90 x D105cm. The inclines included are programmable and it includes the transport wheels for easier mobility.
- If needed, there is also an additional 4 year breakdown down care that tends to cost around £130 (optional) and the cost can be spread over a longer period such as 12 months if required using a Credit card plan facility which tends to help with immediate cashflow.
3, Reebok Jet 300 Treadmill
Deck air motion technology
27 User programmes
2.5 HP Motor / Foldable
Maximum speed 20 km/hour
15 inclines / 15% elevations
Weight 87kg / 7 functions
Max user weight is 140kg
Price Guide: £600 - £750
Key Points to Note:
- At number 3, we have the Reebok Jet 300 Treadmill which won’t tick all the boxes offered in number 1 or 2 above but this is a seriously powerful machine and is usually available for sale for less than £750 which is significantly lowered priced than the 2 options already mentioned above.
- One of the great things to note here is the quality of the warranty where they offer 2 year parts and labour, 10 years on the motor and a lifetime warranty on the frame which certainly adds a lot of peace of mind and security when it comes to making any buying decisions. If you want, you can also add a further 4 years to this by adding the 4 year breakdown care cover in your basket.
- This treadmill from Reebok offers a maximum running speed of 20 km per hour, 15 levels of incline and an elevation that works from 0% to 15%. The motor power on offer is at 2.5 HP continuous and you get a great selection of 27 different programmes to choose from.
- One of the great things here also is the Air motion technology on the deck which creates a cushion effect on the deck which in turns lowers the impact on your lower joints and you have the choice of great programmes to use such as fat burning or intense cardio workout sessions.
- The net weight of this unit is 87kg (box weight is 100kg) and the maximum user weight capacity is slightly higher than the options outlined already coming in at 22 stone or 140kg. The size of this running deck is 150cm long by 51cm wide, the assembled dimensions are H143.5 x W86 x D192cm and when folded the dimensions to note are H163 x W86 x D124.5cm.
- When delivered, minimal assembly is required, it has the auto stop safety system and of course it is foldable along with having transport wheels to help with mobility around your home. It includes the standard hand pulse sensors and you get the MP3 connections and built in speakers to keep you motivated for longer.
4, JTX Sprint-9 Superior Gym Treadmill
Gym quality treadmill at home
8 point cushion system
3 HP Motor / Folding option
Max speed of 20 km/hour
15% elevation inclines
Weight 96kg / Advanced console
Max user weight is 150kg
Price Guide: £1200 - £1600
Available @ JTX Fitness UK
Key Points to Note:
- At number 4, we have the JTX Sprint 9 Superior Gym Treadmill with a 3HP motor which is a gym standard treadmill that can be used commercially or in your own home. If used for home use you will get a 3 year warranty and if it is used commercially, then you get a 1 year warranty level. The motor warranty will also last for 10 years and the 3 year warranty at home includes all repair, parts and labour.
- Included in the pack is a mat, lubricant oil and a free heart rate strap for monitoring and tracking purposes. The comfort level on the deck is super with the 8 Point Cushionstep Pro Deck which weighs more than 100kg and provides the solid and sturdy supportive feel of a commercial treadmill that you normally see in your local gym.
- There is an easy to view screen with an advanced computer console which is 10 inches in size and overall will give you the experience of a gym treadmill experience in your own home. You get 24 different programmes to choose from, incline levels that operate from 0% to 15% and it can operate to a max speed level of 20 km per hour
- The size of this running deck is 153cm long by 52cm wide, the assembled dimensions are 205cm long by 92cm wide and it will allow a maximum user weight capacity of 150kg which can handle people who have taller or heavier frames.
- The quality of the running belt is of higher JTX BlackDiamond quality lasting 50% longer than standard running belts and it has an excellent grip and provides greater comfort for your stride. You will really like the overall design and superior build quality and also the dual hydraulic folding system which helps get it into a more compact size when not in use.
- The screen is quite large at 10 inches for better visibility and you get a selection of quick short keys which help to get going a lot faster. In addition, there are the extra large foot rests and extended handlebars for added safety.
- Finally, this treadmill also provides you with a cooling fan, a tablet holder for watching videos or app connections, 2 water bottle holders, a built speaker system and also the shock absorber system on the deck.
5, BodyTrain Fitness Master Treadmill 8008B
3 HP Continuous Motor
15% powered inclines
Max speed of 18 km/hour
Net weight 96kg / free delivery
Max user weight capacity 150kg
Price Guide: £600 - £700
Available @ Sports & Leisure UK
Key Points to Note:
- At number 5, we have the BodyTrain Fitness Master Treadmill model reference 8008B on sale from Sports & Leisure in the UK which comes with a powerful 3HP continuous motor and your hand pulse sensors on the handlebars as standard to keep track of your heart rate.
- This treadmill provides lots of power and can operate up to a maximum speed level of 18 km per hour and provide you with a powered incline elevation of 0% to 15%. In addition, you also have the iPhone and Android App Control connectivity and MP3 connection to keep you motivated week in week out especially for long distance endurance and cardio training.
- The maximum user weight capacity that applies to this treadmill is 150kg and the size of the running deck comes in at 136cm long by 50cm wide which is plenty enough for both the average and the serious athletes.
- In terms of dimensions, the size you need to note are 130cm high by 179cm long by 85cm wide and the net weight comes in at 96kg. It can be folded upright also using the hydraulic system which again is ideal for people who need to have it in a compact size when not in use.
- Finally, if your intention is to spend less than £700, then you should definitely give this recommendation closer attention as it is worth a closer look with the lower price tag associated with it.
- Deliveries are normally done within 5 working days from Sports & Leisure UK and they are provided free of charge. The warranty provided directly from Sports & Leisure UK will last for 12 months duration and it can be checked out further below if you like
6, LONTEK Folding 2HP Bluetooth Treadmill
2 HP Continuous Motor power
15 levels of powered incline
Max speed of 14 km/hour
Net weight 65kg / Bluetooth
Max user weight capacity 100kg
Price Guide: £400 - £450
Key Points to Note:
- Next on our best treadmill list is the LONTEK Folding 2HP Bluetooth Treadmill which is a smaller treadmill that the ones outlined previously but also comes with a significantly lower price point which is worth a closer look before you make you final decision.
- This treadmill comes with the MP3 connection, Bluetooth connection, a heart rate monitor and a 2HP continuous motor for reliable and consistent power. It can be connected to a smart phone via the Bluetooth and it is compatible with both IOS and Android systems so you can plan your workouts and track all your session and workout data.
- It comes also with the built in speakers, the auto safety stop system and the emergency stop button on the handrail so there are 2 ways to stop it in the event of a trip. The max speed that this treadmill can operate to is 14 km per hour and the powered inclines can work from 0% up to 15%
- For additional comfort, it includes the 8 point anti shock system on the deck, there are 2 speakers to keep you motivated and you get the cushion effect design on either side to reduce the level of noise associated with high powered treadmills. It can be folded upright and it is designed with a heavy-duty steel frame so it can be used by users of all heights to achieve your own fitness and weight loss goals.
- The max weight user capacity that applies here is 100kg, the net weight for the unit is 65kg and the size dimensions to note are 175cm by 135cm by 75cm. The size for the running deck is 123cm long by 42cm wide and it can be used by both inexperienced and experienced training sessions.
- Finally, this treadmill comes with the transport wheels, a foldable option, 12 different programmes and a 5 inch LCD screen. The quality of the running belt will last longer and it is engineered with the quiet drive technology to reduce the level of noise in your home as you complete your workouts. Another thing to note is the fact that there is an integrated oil lubrication system so no tools are necessary as the oil can just be topped up directly once the cover is opened.
7, Capital Sport Infinity Track Touch
Powerful 5.5 HP Continuous Motor
9-inch LED display / Elevation 15%
Max speed 18 km per hour
Net weight 90kg / Touch screen
Max user weight capacity 135kg
Price Guide: £800 - £900
Key Points to Note:
- The last model on this best treadmill list in the UK is the Capital Sport Infinity Track 6.0 Touch Treadmill which comes with great workout and training options, a 6P-AntiShock Suspension and has been seen on sale with Amazon UK for less than £900 which is definitely worth checking out before you make your final choice.
- This treadmill would be considered as state of the art in terms of design and build quality, it has the NX-Aero Fan Twin System, the Kinomap Integration system, Bluetooth connection and also the built-in speaker system which all ensure your motivation levels remain as high as they should be.
- It comes with a powerful 5.5 HP motor, a 9-inch touch screen display, WIFI connection and full Kinomap app integration so you get a range of interactive options and feedback throughout. One thing that you will notice straight away is the 6P-Anti shock suspension system to add that spring into your step with the added cushioned effect be it internal or external.
- The NX-AeroFan Twin System is a super addition included where you get continuous cooled fresh air blown your direction and you have lots of space on the running deck where the dimensions are 140cm long by 50cm wide.
- The maximum speed that this treadmill can operate to is 18 km per hour, it offers an elevation of 15% and a really powerful motor of 5.5 HP which is rarely seen in the industry. The speed and inclines can be controlled by the handles and there is a wide range of 36 programmes to choose from to give you more options on an on-going basis.
- The max user weight allowed for this treadmill is 135kg, it includes the 9-inch TFT touch screen and a built-in Chrome browser for internet use while training. There are 3 custom training modes also and it comes certified with EN957-1 and EN957-6.
- In terms of dimensions, the deck size is 140cm x 50cm, the folded dimensions are 142cm x 83cm x 120cm and the assembled dimension when in use are 142cm by 83cm by 172cm. This treadmill comes with a bet weight of approx. 90kg, there is the connection for the MP3 players via the USB or the 3.5 mm AUX input and lubricating oil is included with the delivery
Further images of the Capital Sport Infinity Track Touch Treadmill are outlined below (5)
View also while you are here: iWalk Treadmill Review – Read More Here
Finally, we hope you found our review for the best list of treadmills in the UK useful in some way. It certainly wasn’t an easy task!!! We would like to thank you for taking the time to read our best treadmill review and we would like to wish you the very best with whatever final decision you make in the months and years ahead.
Feel free to leave feedback or ask any questions by posting a comment in the comment section provided below…