Which is the best Pedometer to buy online in the UK at present? To find out more, please make sure to check out our review for what we believe are 5 of the best Pedometers currently available in the UK at present that are available at price levels that most people can well afford. Instead of giving you high priced Pedometers which are too expensive for the average household, we have instead focussed on Pedometers that are on sale for less than £30 which provide the most reliable results at the best possible value.
We have also included options for less than £15 so if prices are the things that motivate you the most, then you should be able to find your Pedometer of choice here today - simply navigate your way down through our short nominated list.
Video Inserts and Price Indications
As price guides can only be shown at the time of this review, please make sure to view the price checkers provided below which will help ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information. In addition, a series of video insert clips are included throughout this review so make sure to take a quick look through them which will give you a better understanding of what these Pedometers are all about before you commit to a purchase
What are Pedometers?
Pedometers are a small electrical device to help you keep track of your daily steps and activities with motion sensors built in. They can be used to improve your fitness, keep you motivated each week and track your exercise activities which in turns leads to a healthier lifestyle and a more toned body for you. They can be clipped onto your waistline or used with a strap that goes around your neck or even placed in your pocket
Video Insert: How do Pedometers work?
The type of features we looked for in our Pedometer list were large displays which were user friendly and provided a daily step goal along with a clock, timer and a decent level of activity memory. In addition, we also wanted to ensure they provided a reliable 3D motion sensor which was accurate in the process of tracking calories burned, steps taken and distances travelled.
Read also: Our list of best Smart Watches here
Best Pedometer Review – Our Top 5 UK Recommendations
Option 1: Realalt 3DTriSport 3D Pedometer
3D Pedometer with strap and clip
Provides accurate step counting - Model version 3DTriSport
Multiple colour options - Such as red, grey and mixed
Tracks daily step activities - Large display with clock and timer
Daily step goal and 30 day memory
Tracks calories burned and distance
Accurate 3D axis motion sensor - Size 7.6cm long by 3.3cm high
Measures in Km and Miles - Battery duration up to 1 year
Includes a mini screwdriver
- Our first recommendation when it comes to lower priced Pedometers for tracking steps (walking and running) would have to be the Realalt 3DTriSport 3D Pedometer which comes backed with multiple positive reviews and a price level that most people can well afford. This item can be easily ordered online and delivered to your home hassle free within a matter of a few working days.
- You are not just limited to black either as there are several other colour options available including mixed colour arrangements. In terms of size, it is quite small as just 7.6cm long by 3.3cm high and it can be attached to your waistline with the clip or you can throw it around your neck with the strap and clip provided.
- The key points here is that it will use the 3D motion sensors to keep track of your daily steps and exercises while also providing you with a daily step goal of 10,000 steps, a clock plus a timer as the same time. One of the main attractions is the wide and large display which makes viewing the available information much easier and of course there is the 30 day memory ability so you can compare it from week to week over the course of the month
- If you need to lose weight and get in shape, this is a lower priced alternative solution to a Fitness tracker as it provides the basic information you need in a simpler to use way without any of the complications with apps, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections. A simpler way overall to keep track of your steps, get healthy and improve your cardiovascular fitness.
- They can also be used by children and placed in your pocket, on your hip or around your neck if that is more comfortable and of course there is no Bluetooth, apps or Smart phone connections needed. The battery will last you up to 12 months and a mini screwdriver is included in the pack for when that time comes.
Price Guide: Less than £25 @ Amazon UK
Option 2: 3DFitBud Simple Step Counter Pedometer (3D Active)
Various colour options available - Such as blue, white and pink
Size 6cm long by 4cm high - Weight is approx. 24g only
No complicated set ups - Ready to go from the pack
3D axis sensor technology - Tracks daily steps
Can be placed in your pocket - Or on your hip or around your neck
Larger digital display
Battery included with auto shut off when movement stops
Battery lasts for up to 12 months - 18 month warranty
- Another highly popular Pedometer that works great is the 3D Active 3DFitBud Simple Step Counter Pedometer which is extremely easy to get started with and doesn’t have any of the complicated set up processes associated to Fitness trackers and Smart phones. There is no Bluetooth or app downloads to worry about – it just works on tracking your daily steps each day with the simple press of a button
- This version comes in Black but there are other colours available in the range such as blue, pink and white so you are not just limited to the standard black version in the image provided. For the size, again it is very small at just 6cm long by 4cm high and the weight is very low at just 24g so you hardly even notice it when you have it on. It has the 3D axis senor technology so it can be placed in your pocket, on your hip or even around your neck.
- One main attractions here is the simplicity of use when it comes to tracking your daily steps as all you have to do is press a button at the back to get it started. Unlike Fitness trackers that need to be charged regularly, the battery here should last you up to 12 months and to save energy, the device will go into sleep mode when there is no movements. Instead of paying out big prices for Fitness tracking, this small device helps you give you the basic tools of counting steps and it tends to be more popular among the elderly and for younger children
- The large digital display is great to have as you can view your progress on the move and it provides a more affordable and simple alternative to the more complicated Fitness Trackers and Smart watches on sale for getting your target 10,000 steps in each day. Finally, this Pedometer comes backed with a 18 month warranty for peace of mind
Price Guide: Tends to be less than £30
Option 3: Haptime Multi-function Pocket Pedometer
Lower Priced alternative Pedometer - Ideal for bargain hunters
Basic and simple to use - Large digital display for easy viewing
No complicated connections - Size is 5cm by 5cm approx.
Large clip for your hip or waist - Calculates distance in Km
Auto shut down with no movement
Belt clip, mode button, reset button
5 step error correction
Indicates approx. calories burned
- If you need the absolute lowest price point for a Pedometer, then you should take a closer look at the Haptime Multi-function Pocket Pedometer which is not the best of this list but it is certainly one of the best when it comes to lowest possible price. At the time of this review, this Pedometer was on sale for less than £15 so you will find it difficult to get a lower priced model than this in our opinion while providing some level of quality standards at the same time.
- For the dimensions, again it is quite small at just 5cm by 5cm and the weight is only around 30g so again you will hardly even notice it when it is in your pocket or on your hip. The motion sensor is built in to track your daily steps to help you reach your goal of 10,000 steps per day and the larger digital display provides great visibility while you are out walking or running.
- There is no complicated set up, no smart phone connections, no Bluetooth and no apps to worry about so again it’s a simple and basic tool to use to keep you motivated in improving your fitness goals and daily step targets.
- Included in the small package is the anti-slip clip to be attached to your hip, the battery which should last up to 12 months long and the distances are measured in Km only. You get the start error correction of 5 steps allowance for 5 consecutive steps and the basic buttons at the front allow you to set, reset or change the usage mode along with an indication of calories burned. If the lowest price is what you are after, then take a serious look at this Pedometer from Haptime.
Price Guide: Lower level @ less than £15
Video Insert: Tips when using a Pedometer
View also: Popular Smart Watches reviewed here
Further Pedometer Recommendations
If our first 3 Pedometer options outlined already don’t meet all of your expectations just yet, then check out our last 2 recommendations summarised briefly as follows from Nackosite and Omron…
Option 4: Nakosite PED2433 Walking 3D Pedometer
30 day memory storage statistics - 3D axis senor for tracking steps
Improved axis motion sensing - Distances tracked in miles and Km
Large digital display with strap and clip
Size 6cm long by 3cm high
Place on your hip, pocket or around your neck
Battery included with a 1 year guarantee
Price Guide: Less than £25 @ Amazon UK
Option 5: Omron Walking Style IV Pedometer
Popular 3D sensor Pedometer device - Tracks daily steps to help reach your targets
No complicated connections, downloads or apps
Includes carry strap for around your neck
Provides a 7 day memory record plus time - Can calculate in both miles and km
Place in your pocket or on your hip belt
Provides guide to calories burned & 1 year warranty
Price Guide: Tends to be slightly over £25
Video Insert: Further Tips when it comes to using Pedometers
View also: Our list of best Weight Loss Shakes here
Battery Power & Lower Level Technology
Unlike the Fitness trackers that need to be charged every 6 to 10 days, these Pedometers can offer battery life’s of up to 12 months long instead. Plus if you don’t want the hassle of Smart phone connections, downloading apps or Bluetooth connections, then these Pedometers are the best solution for you as they don’t require any of these technologies and are therefore a much easier and simpler tracking device to use when you need to keep track of daily steps.
After completing our review for the best Pedometers in the UK, we hope our work can help you out in some small way and possibly give you some suggestions or ideas to think about. We have included Pedometers that have the 3D motion sensors, Pedometers that provide a memory record of 7 or 30 days and we have also included lower priced Pedometers for less than £15 so there should be something here that can spark an interest for you so to speak.
Which one would we choose? To be honest there isn’t much of a difference between our top 2 or 3 here but when it comes down to it, we would choose the 3D TriSport Pedometer outlined earlier and further information along with updated prices can be double checked below…
Pedometer Community Feedback
Have you ever used any of these Pedometers yourself in the recent past? Anything good or bad to report?
If possible, feel free to educate others in the wider community by leaving your feedback or opinions in the comment box section provided below…