If you are considering buying the Dripex 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill in the coming days, then please make sure to check out this Dripex Treadmill review which will cover everything you need to know before you make your final decision.
Some other reviews we have seen have this treadmill in their top 10 which I found hard to believe to be honest as it doesn’t offer the same level of features, power and quality as many other treadmills we have seen already in the UK.
Nevertheless, we wanted to see how good this treadmill really was and to see if it really stacks up against some of its major rivals in the sector. That being said, many of the higher end treadmills will cost you well over £500 where this treadmill will cost your significantly less so it depends on how much you are prepared to spend at the end of the day.
For easier navigation, this review will be split into 5 parts so feel free to skip to whatever parts interests you the most…
Treadmill Review Content
- Part 1: Overview and FAQ’s
- Part 2: Dripex 2 in 1 Treadmill key features
- Part 3: Advantages and Disadvantages
- Part 4: Price Comparisons
- Part 5: Final Conclusion
As price guides can only be shown at the time of this review, please make sure to view the price checkers provided below which will help ensure you get the most accurate up to date price information. In addition, feel free to check out the video inserts which will give you a good overview of what’s involved when it comes to lubricating your Treadmill belt or considering an alternative brand further below on this page
Video Insert: How to Lubricate a Treadmill Belt
View also: More popular Treadmills here
Part 1: Overview & FAQ’s
|Treadmill Brand||Dripex 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill|
|Power level:||2.25 HP Peak maximum motor|
|Speed levels:||1 km/hr to max 12 km/hr|
|Modes:||Walking and Running|
|Best place to buy:||Amazon UK – View current stock levels here|
Frequently Asked Questions – Dripex 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill:
- Q1. What is the maximum user weight capacity allowed?
- A. The maximum weight allowed is 120kg or 265 Ibs or 18.9 stone
- Q2. What is the size of the running deck?
- A. The running deck dimensions here are 40 inch long by 16 inch wide or approx. 100cm by 40cm
- Q3. Are there roller wheels included to help with transportation?
- A. Yes, there are transport castor wheel included for this treadmill to help with mobility
- Q4. How heavy is the treadmill to move?
- A. The weight for this Dripex 2 in 1 folding treadmill is 74 Ibs or 33.5kg
- Q5. Does in measure in miles per hour also?
- A. No, the speed calculation is displayed only in km per hour
- Q6. When it is folded down, how thick is the machine for storing?
- A. Once folded, the height of thickness is just 5 inches for placing under desks or beds.
- Q7, What speed levels are available?
- A. The walking mode operates up to 4 km per hour while the running mode is up to 12 km per hour.
- Q8. Are there any inclines or pre-set programmes available?
- A. Unfortunately no – there are no inclines available or pre-set programmes built in
- Q9. What warranty protection is provided for the Dripex treadmill?
- A. This treadmill comes covered with a 12 month warranty protection
- Q10. Can the phone holder device also hold larger tablets for watching movies?
- A. No, the smart device holder is really only suitable for smart phone devices
View also: Our review for the Reebok Jet 100 Treadmill
Part 2: Dripex 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill Key Features
Dripex 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill
Walking mode up to 4 km/hr - Running mode up to 12 km/hr
Motor power level of 2.25 HP
Remote control and Bluetooth speakers
Connect smartphone via Bluetooth - Holder in place for your phone
Folds down neatly for walking - Can be placed under your bed
Multi layered shock impact absorbers
Transport wheels for portability
Assembly takes 15 to 25 minutes
Dripex Treadmill Key Features
- This motorised treadmill from Dripex comes as a 2 in 1 treadmill – one for walking and one for jogging so there are flexibilities in what you can use it for. When the uprights frame handles are up, it is used for jogging and when the frame handles are down, then it can be used as the walking mode up to 4 km per hour. For jogging, the maximum speed provided is 12 km per hour, it can be increased by the remote and they are increased in increments of 1 km per hour.
- You get the safely clip included as standard which attaches to your clothing and the assembly usually takes anywhere from 15 to 25 minutes depending on your DIY skill levels. For the tracking, the display outlines speed levels, times, calories burned and distances travelled and the motor power provided is 2.25HP which would be on the medium power level scale.
- The one big feature here is saving you on space especially if you are living in tighter or smaller living spaces. Once finished or in the walking modes, it can be folded down neatly and placed under your desk or even your bed which is certainly impressive when you have little space to work with in your home.
- The noise level on the belt is quite low with the multi layered shock absorption, you have a remote to manage the controls which works great and you also have the Bluetooth speakers built in which can be connected to your smart device for playing music tracks to keep you motivated on the running deck for longer.
- Once folded, it can be placed under sofas, beds or desks as it is just 5 inches high, the handle bars are detachable and the phone holder can store smart devices from 5.5cm to 8.5cm in width. For the dimensions, the size when assembled in running mode is 42 inches high by 27 inches wide by 49 inches long and when folded for walking modes, the dimensions are 52 inches long by 27 inches wide by 5 inches high. The maximum user weight capacity guide is 120kg or 265 Ibs, it is designed using alloy steel and finally the handle bars will need to be removed in order for it to be folded down. It also comes backed with a standard 12 month warranty
Price Guide: Less than £400
Dimensions for the Dripex 2 in 1 Treadmill
Main Points in Summary
- Running mode is 1 to 12km/hr & Walking mode is 1 to 4km/hr
- Folded height thickness is only 5 inches
- Motor power provided Peak 2.25 HP
- Remote control and Bluetooth speaker
- Easy to manage display control
- Transport wheel for portability
- Remove handlebars to fold flat
- Weight capacity 265 Ibs or 120kg
- Assembled unit weight is 74 Ibs or 33.6kg
- Running deck 40 by 16 inch (100 x 40cm)
- Folded dimension 52 by 27 by 5 inches (132 x 68.5 x 12.7cm)
- Assembled dimension 49 by 27 by 42 inches (124 x 71 x 106cm)
- Phone holder for devices 5.5cm to 8.5cm
Part 3: Pros and Cons / Advantages and Disadvantages
Pros for the Dripex Treadmill:
- Assembly is simple and easy to do with the instructions well laid out and easy to follow step by step – you should be able to manage it in 20 minutes average
- You have the remote control for speed settings which is not available on all machines and you have the Bluetooth speakers which again is not available in lower priced treadmills.
- Some larger treadmills can weigh over 50kg-70kg where this treadmill is much lighter at less than 34kg – plus you get the roller wheels for mobility
- Having the Bluetooth speakers connected to your smart phone is a significant advantage so you can listen and play various tracks which keep you working out on the deck for longer. The holder for the smart phone is plenty big enough also
- There are no need to worry about ear plugs either as you have the music from the Bluetooth speakers instead.
- Instead of paying out large sums of money for a high end treadmill, this option offers more affordability as you should be able to get your hands on it for less than £350/£400 level when seen at the time of this review
- For people living in small living spaces, this treadmill offers a compact solution that can be folded away after use and tucked under your sofa or bed as the height when folded is only 5 inches high (handlebars must be removed)
- All the tools needed for assembly are included in the box along with the oil lubricants for the deck which is great to get you started straight away (apply every few weeks)
Cons for the Dripex Treadmill
- You get a lower spec and less powerful motor here in our opinion. Its works great starting off but we would be concerned about its longevity
- The warranty level is one year which is not all that bad but we have seen better 3 year warranties provided by other suppliers and brands in the UK
- You are limited to a maximum running speed of 12 km per hour only – if you wish to run faster than this then you should start looking elsewhere
- Speed is only displayed in km per hour – there are no speed displays in miles per hour
- The maximum weight allowed stated is 120kg but it would be more like 100kg in our opinion for running at 12 km per hour
- There are no pre-set programmes available like you see on other higher spec treadmills and there are on incline capabilities either for more intensive workout sessions.
- The size of the running deck is pretty much standard but we would prefer a larger spaced deck to be honest when it comes to running at faster speeds and longer strides
- Deliveries tend to be limited to the UK mainland only and the frame is quite small overall for larger people in our opinion
- You will also find that the cable length is quite short so you may need to buy a small extension cord plus there is no water bottle holder either to keep you hydrated as you work out
Part 4: Price Comparisons
If you are prepared to go for a higher spec treadmill that offers a lot more in terms of features, inclines, pre-set programmes and functionalities, then take a quick look and compare the 2 options below from Reebok and JTX Fitness which are worth serious consideration before you make your final decision.
Video Insert: Overview of the Reebok Jet 100 Treadmill
View also: JLL Treadmill reviews here
While this is not the best treadmill you will ever use and it certainly lacks many high end features you can get elsewhere, this treadmill to be fair offers good value for the money you need to spend. It can be folded, it has loud speakers, it has roller wheels, it has Bluetooth connectivity and different modes for walking and running so it offers certainly a lot more than the average cheaper treadmills seen elsewhere.
The running deck size could be larger though for longer strides so taller people may find that this treadmill may not offer enough comfortable running space for them and removing the handle bars for the folding technique may be a little to tiresome and cumbersome to complete over and over again for some people.
Overall, it’s a good value middle of the road treadmill so to speak without the high end more expensive gym quality features which in turn makes it more affordable for the average home owner.
Dripex Treadmill Community Feedback
Have you ever used the Dripex Treadmill before? Anything positive or negative to report?
Feel free to educate the wider community by leaving your opinions or feedback in the comment box section provided below…