Do you need some helpful tips or recommendations when it comes to Balance Boards or Wobble Boards? If so, then check out our review for what we believe are 5 of the best Balance Boards available in the UK at present that can be ordered online and delivered to your home in a matter of a few working days. After reviewing over 20 Balance boards, we have narrowed down our list to our top 5 solutions which hopefully can speed up the process when it comes to your own research and making any final buying decisions.
Video Support & Comparisons
Please note that guide prices can only be published at the time of this review so you should make sure to view the price checkers provided below which will help ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information. Included in our review will be a selection of video inserts that will give you some helpful tips and guidance as well as a comparison table so that you can see all the features and dimensions side by side.
Video Insert: Balance Board Exercise Examples
Benefits of Balance Boards
One of the great benefits when it comes to balance boards is the ability to strengthen up your posture balance and incorporating it into your overall wellness and fitness programme for the likes of squat exercises and lunges. With the circular round bases, they constantly wobble so you need to adjust your stance and posture and conducting exercises with them provides a series of excellent personal challenges. Many people also use them for rehabilitation after leg or ankle injuries and they can help people when it comes to calves, hamstrings, glutes, lower leg and buttock muscles. Others then find great benefit from them post minor knee or ankle surgeries.
View also: Popular Massage Chairs in the UK
Best Balance Boards in the UK – 5 Recommendations
Option 1: Core Balance Fitness Balance Board
Durable hard wearing design
Available direct @ Core Balance - Deliveries in 2 to 5 working days
Back up support 0345 519 1599 - 30 day hassle free return policy
Non slip surface & rounded base
Diameter 40cm and height 8cm - Made from ABS plastic designs
Constant balance readjustments - Support for rehabilitations
Ideal for squats and lunges
Best Balance Board Description:
- Our first recommendation is from Core Balance Fitness in the UK and it’s the Core Balance Fitness Balance Board which is made from a durable and robust ABS plastic construction and you should be able to get your hands on it for less than £15 when seen at the time of our review.
- When going direct, you get a free standard UK delivery up to 5 working days and they offer a 30 day hassle free returns policy in the event that you are not completely satisfied with your purchase. All you need to do is call them direct at 0345 519 1599 which is great to have in the background in the event that you need any queries answered.
- The grip on the surface is a bubble affect to ensure there are no accidental slippages and the under surface has the unstable rounded base and this is incorporated into the upper frame at several points to prevent any breakages. The dimensions of this balance board has a diameter of 40cm and the height from the ground surface is 8cm
- This balance board helps to improve your core posture and strengthen up your balance on both sides of the body. It can be used in conjunction with various exercise routines such as squats and it also serves as a tool to help with the rehabilitation of ankles of lower leg injuries.
- The bubble bobble exterior surface prevents any slippages and deliveries are normally done within 5 working days when you buy direct from Core Balance Fitness - a free e-book is included also to help you get the best results when using it.
Price Guide: Less than £15 @ Core Balance UK
Option 2: Sportneer Wooden Wobble Balance Board
Top surface from treated wood
Textured anti-slip surface - Black or blue colour effects
Heavy duty wood stained
Angle inclines 10 to 20 degrees - Helps core balance & postures
Improves co-ordination senses
Supports ankles, tendons & ligaments - Also used for rehabilitations
Dimensions 40cm x 7.5cm
Best Balance Board Description:
- Our second balance board that we recommend is the Sportneer Wooden Wobble Balance Board which is a more environmentally friendly solution when it comes to reducing your carbon footprint and it tends to be on sale for less than £25 when seen at the time of this review.
- It comes with a textured non slip surface on the exterior treated hardened wood which is attached to the circular rounded wobble on the base. People can use it for improving core balance strength, co-ordinations, leg sense balance and also to improve the condition of your lower legs, ankles, ligaments, tendons and leg muscles.
- The diameter of this board is 40cm wide, the height from the ground is 7.5cm and it provides an angle incline elevations from 10 degrees to 20 degrees. When tilted to one side fully, the elevation is approximately 15cm on the other side.
- A wide range of exercises can be incorporated into this balance board such as lunges, squats, dumbbells, press ups and some people use it in conjunction with balance balls for more challenging goals and experiences. It can also support people when it comes to improving balance in other games and sports such as snowboarding and skateboarding.
- The age range guide for using this balance board is 12 to 55 years, the maximum user weight guide is 130kg and it includes some basic techniques to help you get started from the beginning.
Price Guide: Less than £25 @ Amazon UK
Option 3: Phoenix Fitness Round Body Balance Board
Smaller diameter frame 36cm
Made from ABS durable plastic - Assists balance co-ordinations
Supports ankle and leg rehabilitations
Non slip bobble effect surface - Minimum age guide 12 years
Textured exterior surface
Best used on carpet flooring -Supports knee or ankle surgeries
Dimensions 36cm by 6cm
Best Balance Board Description:
- At number 3, we have the easier to use and smaller sized Phoenix Fitness Round Body Balance Board which has a slightly narrower diameter of 36cm and a slightly smaller height from the floor surface at 6cm. One of the key things you will like here is the lower price as it is smaller so you should get your hands on it for less than £15 there or there abouts.
- This balance board is made from a toughened hard ABS plastic material which is supported with underneath frames at various points that holds the integrity of the weight together as one. While it is slightly smaller, it can still be used by both adults and older children over 12 years old. You can expect it to assist you in building core balance strength, supporting your lower muscles, ligaments and tendons and it works as a great way to help the recovery after knee, leg or ankle minor surgeries.
- Many people who have twisted their knee or ankles can use this as part of their rehabilitation process which in turns speeds up the recovery period – it builds the balance strength on both sides of either legs and you should use a support like a wall or a chair until you have the confidence to do it alone.
- As you would expect, it has a non-slip textured exterior surface and it can be used in carpets surfaces as well as wooden floors. If your ankle muscles have not been used for a long time, then this form of exercise can get those muscle balances accustomed and prepared in advance of your exercise or training routines.
- Overall it supports co-ordination with balance, it serves as a useful aid when it comes to post injury rehabilitation and it can be used by beginners as the base is slightly flatter than others
Price Guide: Tends to be under £15 level
Video Insert: Balance Wobble Board Tips for Beginners
View also: Best UK Massage Guns here
Age Range Guide
While there is no strict age range guide for using Balance Boards, the general guide for using them is aged between 12 years and 55 years old. You should avoid using them on slippery surfaces such as wet or damp tiles – carpet type floor surfaces tend to work better and starting off you should use supports such as a chair or a wall until you get accustomed to the balancing techniques. That being said, many people over 60 years in good health use them without any problems whatsoever.
Comparison Table – Balance Boards
To ensure you have all the necessary information for each of these Balance boards, check out the comparison table below where you can see each of them side by side…
|Balance Board:||Core Balance||Sportneer||Phoenix|
|Material:||ABS plastic||Wooden||ABS plastic|
|Max user weight:||120kg/265 Ibs||135kg/300 Ibs||100kg/220 Ibs|
Last 2 Balance Board Recommendations
If you need to consider further Balance board brands instead, then check out the JLL and Romix Balance boards below that we also recommend and offer good value for the amount of money you need to spend…
Read also: Our list of best Massage chairs here
The range of materials used for Balance boards is quite diverse but some of the more popular material types to make it more affordable for the end user are ABS durable plastic and hardened treated woods. While the durable ABS plastics can be more eye catching and more attractive, the wooden balance boards are better from an environmentally friendly point of view and reducing your overall carbon footprint. Whatever material you choose, the best surface to use them on tends to be carpet.
Video Insert: Balance Board Tips for Ankle Sprains
Balance Board Users
Most people using balance boards tend to be athletes looking to improve their core balance strengths and improve rehabilitations in their lower legs and ankles but it is not just limited to athletes. The average person on the street can also use these balance boards for their own wellness and balance co-ordination as well as people who need to improve their basic balancing skills. Examples would be people looking to improve on their snowboarding balances, surfing board balances, ballerina balancing, gymnast posture balancing and even people looking to improve their balance when it comes to skate boarding.
After completing this short list of Balance Boards in the UK, we hope our recommendations here can help you out in some small way when it comes to making your final selection. We have included Balance boards made from wood and ABS plastic as well as Balance boards with diameters from 36cm up to 42cm so there should be something here that can cater for your needs. Which one would we buy? Taking everything into consideration, it would have to be the Core Balance Fitness Balance board and further images along with todays updated price tag can be double checked below…
Feedback for the Community
Have you ever tried any of these Balance boards yourself in the recent past? Or have you other preferences?
Please feel free to educate others in the UK community by leaving your Balance board feedback in the comment box section provided…