Do you need to buy an Elbow Support in the coming days for your sore or injured elbow? If so, then make sure to take a quick look through our review for what we believe are 7 of the best Elbow Supports currently available in the UK at present at prices that most people can well afford. After reviewing over 25 Elbow supports, sleeves and braces, we have narrowed down our list to our top 7 recommendations which should speed up the process when it comes to your own online research.
Elbow Support Treatments
Our recommended list of Elbow Supports will help with various conditions and sports related treatments such as general sprains, strains, aches, Arthritis, Epicondylitis and tendonitis to help you get back to your normal self once again and provide the protection, stability and support you need in the process. In particular, these Elbow supports work particularly well when it comes to general house hold work, tennis, golf and hand related sports activities. They can also provide the support you need when it comes to carrying young children in your arms when your elbow has been injured in an unexpected accident.
Fixed versus Adjustable Compression
Included throughout our review will be Elbow supports with fixed compression sizes and Elbow supports with adjustable compression straps. When choosing the fixed compression sizes, you will need to measure the diameter of your elbow and then choose the ideal fit based on individual manufacturer guidelines whereas the adjustable straps generally allow for a one size fits all solution which eliminates any measuring and guesswork when it comes to size selection.
The advantage of the adjustable straps is that you can increase or decrease the level of tension compressions applied to the Elbow joint if you feel you are not getting enough or if you are getting too much pressure on the blood flow circulation system.
Video Insert: Tips when it comes to Elbow Braces from Dr. J. Michael Bennett
Read also: Our list of best Wrist supports here
Best Elbow Supports in the UK – 7 Recommendations
Option 1: Neo G Class 1 Medical Device Elbow Support
Status Class 1 medical device
Supports multiple elbow conditions - Adjustable compression strap
Supports epicondylitis, RSI, Strains
Also Arthritis and sports injuries
Medically engineered for compliance - Made from premium Neoprene
Wrap around strap with bound edges
Tennis elbow or golf elbow support
Helps with trauma & minor surgery - One size here fits all
Used on both left or right elbows
Elbow Support Description:
- Our first recommendation when it comes to elbow supports would have to be the Neo G Class 1 Medical Device Elbow Support which comes backed with tons of positive customer reviews and has been medically engineered to support multiple elbow conditions. The type of conditions it can work on are tendonitis, Tennis elbow, golf elbow, Epicondylitis, elbow sprains, aches, sports injury trauma, RSI, arthritis and even supports elbows that have gone under minor surgery.
- This elbow brace support would have to be one of our favourites and it has a nice comfortable feel to it across your skin and the adjustable strap goes a long way to help you get the maximum comfort level when it comes to blood flows and compression, especially if your elbow has been swollen after your injury. This brand is a partner with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy so it goes a long way knowing the level of work and design brought forward with the quality of this brace which is made from neoprene.
- From a stability point of view, the strap works great to get the exact compression and tightness you need and it provides stability to the elbow joint while you are on the road to recovery once again. It is interchangeable between the left and right elbows, the bound edges are robust and comfortable and this brand have been tried and tested numerous times in the past to give the best possible results.
- From a size point of view, as it has the adjustable strap - there is no need to measure your elbow as one size here fits all. Plus it can help with elbows suffering from arthritis, repetitive strain injuries and muscular aches so if you need a reliable trustworthy support for your elbow, then you should take a closer look at this option from Neo G.
Price Guide: Less than £20 @ Amazon UK
Option 2: Rymora Elbow Support Sleeve
Non-adjustable strap sleeve - Available in multiple sizes
Small, medium large & extra large - Plus extra small and extra extra large
Used for rehabilitation elbow injuries
Thinner sleeve support design
Refer to size guide chart below
Requires elbow diameter measuring
Speeds up the recovery process
Supports multiple aches and pains - Breathable and machine washable
Elbow Support Description:
- Our next recommendation for a thinner and lighter duty elbow support is from Rymora and its the Rymora Elbow Support Sleeve which is available in multiple size options and again comes backed with numerous positive customer reviews not only in the UK but in many other countries worldwide.
- For the size guidelines in cm, the extra small is 18.5 to 21.5cm, small is 21.5 to 25cm, medium is 25 to 29cm, large is 29 to 32.5cm, extra-large is 32.5 to 36cm and finally the extra extra large is for elbows 36 to 41cm in diameter. You should measure your elbow with your arm pointed straight in front of you and apply a flexible measuring tape around the circumference.
- This elbow support promotes a faster recovery while increasing the compression and blood circulation in the area and it also provides stability support while reducing fatigue at the same time. The material composition is comfortable against the skin, it has the non-slip cuffs to keep in place under exercise routines and it made from Polyamide 55%, Elastane 22%, Polyester 22% and Elastane is just 1%
- The type of conditions it can work on are cartilage damage, RSI, sports injuries, arthritis, dislocations, tennis elbow, golf elbow, ligament damage or tendon problems but again make sure you measure up correctly and use the dimension guide provided below for an accurate selection (can be used on either elbow)
Price Guide: Tends to be less than £20
Rymora Size Guide Chart
A size guide chart for the Rymora Elbow support sleeve is outlined below in inches and centimetres so make sure to double check the diameter of your elbow before you commit to a purchase. Use a simple flexible measuring tape and make sure your arm is facing outwards in front of you while measuring.
Option 3: Bracoo ES10 Adjustable Single Elbow Support
Adjustable strap elbow strap
Single one size here fits all
Available in multiple colours - Black, grey and pink
Made from neoprene - Multiple 4 way stretch
Skin friendly and breathable
Wearable on either elbow
Elbow guide size 18cm to 33cm
Hand wash and air dry - Supports multiple elbow pains
Elbow Support Description:
- Up next we have another adjustable elbow support and this one is the Bracoo ES10 Adjustable Elbow Support which comes as a single unit support sleeve with the adjustable strap to give flexibility on the level of compression you would like applied to the elbow joint region. That way you can loosen it after a period of time once the healing starts to take place.
- As it is adjustable, there is no need to worry about set measurements, size guides or even measuring the diameter of your elbow as one size here fits all which tends to be elbows that range from a low of 18cm up as far as 33cm (extra large) in diameter. You are not limited to one colour either as it can be ordered in either black, grey or pink colours.
- This elbow supports will help the recovery of your injury when it comes to sprains, ligaments and muscles and reduces the possible risk of sports related injuries such as tennis, weights, golf or other hand related sporting activities. They can also help post minor surgeries or when a cast has been removed as well as people who suffer from arthritis, tendonitis, bursitis and inflammations.
- In addition, this elbow support is made mostly from breathable neoprene which is latex free and reduces the level of potential odours and moisture build up. For cleaning, this elbow support should only be hand washed and allowed to air dry. (no washing machine, no tumble dryer and no bleaches, fabric conditioners and certainly no ironing)
- Other things we liked were the multiple 4 way stretching, non-slip edging, comfort against the skin and zero itchy feeling along with being able to use it on either the right or left sided elbows.
Price Guide: Less than £15 @ Amazon UK
Read also: Popular Ankle support solutions here
Elbow Support Medical Advice
You should consult your own physician or medical practitioner when applying your elbow support and seek advice about the best possible solution to meet your own needs. Some elbow supports can be used as a general support for long periods of time while others should be only be used for rehabilitation for shorter time periods. Some supports can be used during sleep time while other Elbow support shouldn’t be used during prolonged times such as sleep time so you need to double check individual brand usage guidelines. Always make sure your blood flow is not restricted in any way and avoid applying them over any ointments, gels or creams.
Video Insert: Tips when it comes to wearing a Tennis Elbow Brace
Cleaning Tips Elbow Supports
Avoid using a washing machine or a tumble dryer for your elbow support made from neoprene. They should only be hand washed with hot water and a mild washing up liquid and allowed to air dry for a few hours. To make sure they maintain their integrity over time, you should avoid bleaches, fabric conditioners, ironing and always store in a dry cool place to avoid any dampness setting in. Some of the elbow support sleeves made from Polyamide, Elastane and Polyester on the other hand are machine washable and these are outlined throughout this page – for example Rymora.
Further Elbow Support Recommendations
If our first 3 Elbow supports haven’t ticked all of your boxes just yet, then check out our last 4 recommendations summarised briefly as follows from Bodyprox, Doc Miller and also from PlayActive sports
Option 4: Bodyprox Heavy Duty Protection Padded Elbow Supports
Elbow Support Overview:
Thicker padding elbow support solution - Ordered as a pair unit support
Provides extra guarded padding - Closure type is hook and loop
Available sizes small, medium & large
Includes foam grid with a snug fitting
Small 7.5 to 10 inch, Medium 10 to 12 inch
Large size for elbows 12 to 14 inches diameter
Supports multiple elbow conditions and aches
Pack includes 2 sleeve elbow supports (pair)
Price Guide: Also tends to be less than £25
Option 5: Bodyprox Compression Sleeve 2 Pack Elbow Supports
Elbow Support Overview:
Multiple size options to choose from
Small, medium, large and extra large - 2 pack compression sleeve support
For minor injuries, aches and pains - Provides a medium level of compression
Made from polyester, nylon and spandex
Small 9 to 10 inch, medium 10 to 12 inch
Large 12 to 13 inch, Extra-large 13 to 15 inch
Includes the adjustable strapping
Non slip band, breathable & hand wash only
Price Guide: Less than £25 @ Amazon UK
Option 6: PlayActive Tennis Elbow Compression Pad Support (pack of 4)
Elbow Support Overview:
Elbow brace specifically for acute support
Ideal for sports such as tennis, badminton or golf
Pack includes 2 pairs of elbow braces
Made from 65% Neoprene and 35% Nylon - Clear instructions with an E guide
Supports Lateral Epicondylitis & Medial Epicondylitis
Double hook and loop fasteners - Includes small to medium sleeves x 2
Also medium to large sleeves x 2 - Can be used for multiple sporting types
Price Guide: £10 to £20 @ Amazon UK
Option 7: Doc Miller Elbow Compression Brace Sleeve Support
Elbow Support Overview:
Available in a 2 pack sleeve elbow support
Multiple size selections to choose from - Small, medium, large and extra large
Black, grey, blue versions also available - Provides instant pain relief for injuries
Compresses the affected regions - Reduces inflammations & improves blood circulation
Choose smaller fit for higher compressions
Or larger size for looser compressions
Supports arthritis, tendonitis, tennis elbow and more
Price Guide: Tends to be less than £18
Elbow Support Content
While some Elbow supports are made from neoprene, others are made with a blend of 55% Nylon, 22% Elastodiene, 22% Polyester and 1% Elastane. Elbow supports made in Taiwan tend to be made with 75% Neoprene, 20% Nylon and 5% Lycra and these also tend to be latex free.
Types of Elbow Supports
Some brands will offer a full complement of Elbow supports to deal with various Elbow related injuries. Sleeves are used for milder compressions and can be used for longer periods of time. Adjustable strapped supports are for more chronic problems and they should only be used for a specific amount of time – for example 3 hour periods. Smaller thinner adjustable straps then are for more acute injury support which act as a counterforce and can be used for medical Epicondylitis and medial Epicondylitis and again a specific time period application will be needed rather than wearing it all day long.
Video Insert: How to apply the Neo G Elbow brace
View also: List of best Ankle support braces here
After completing our review for the best Elbow Supports in the UK, we hope our work here can help you out in some small way and perhaps give you some ideas to think about. We have included class 1 Medical device Elbow Supports, brace Elbow sleeves, adjustable one size fits all Elbow supports as well as compression pad Elbow supports for acute injury support so there should be something here that can meet your own expectations and needs.
Which one would we choose? After serious consideration, it would have to be the Neo G Class 1 Medical Device Elbow Support for the overall vote but for heavier duty support, then we would choose the Bodyprox Heavy Duty Protection Padded Elbow Supports outlined earlier and further information plus customer reviews can be double checked below if needed….
Elbow Support Community Feedback
Have you ever used any of these Elbow supports yourself in the recent past? Or do you recommend different brands in the UK instead?
If possible, please feel free to educate others in the wider community by leaving your feedback or opinions in the comment box section provided below…