Are you thinking about buying a Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper in the coming days? If so, then please make sure to check out our Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper review which will outline all you need to know including the key features, video display inserts, tips, FAQ’s and the main pros and cons that we came across when using this stepper which hopefully will be of interest to you.
Our focus will be on the lower priced Mini Stepper code NO.012-S as this Mini stepper tends to be the most popular but we will also include 2 alternative Mini Steppers further down on this page so at least you have more than just 1 option when it comes to making a final decision and especially when it comes to providing more stability in your stepping routines.
These video inserts further down on this page are certainly work checking out when it comes to getting the most out of your new Mini Stepper as well as exercise routines and tips are provided so please make sure to spend a few minutes going through them.
Read also: Our review of the Sovnia exercise bike here
Mini Stepper Overview
|Brand||Sunny Health & Fitness|
|Model:||Mini Stepper code NO.012-S|
|Weight capacity:||220 lbs or 100kg or 15.7 stone|
|Dimensions:||40.6L by 31.8W by 34.3H cm|
|Best place to buy:||Amazon UK – View updated prices here|
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q, Are batteries included for the digital monitor?
- A, Yes, the batteries are included in the package to get you started
- Q. How does the resistance work on the steps?
- A, The resistance is provided by way of hydraulic cylinders
- Q, What is the maximum weight capacity allowed?
- A, It is designed for people up to 100kg or 15.7 stone of 220 lbs
- Q. Is it heavy to carry around with you?
- A, The weight design is lightweight coming in at less than 10kg
- Q, Does it require any assembly work?
- A, No, it comes pre-assembled and all you have to do is attach the resistance bands
- Q, What does the LCD monitor track?
- A, It can track the steps, reps, calorie estimations and timings
Video Insert: Demo of the Sunny Health & Fitness No.012s Mini Stepper
Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper – Key Features
Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper (NO.012-S)
Mini Stepper Overview
Low impact exercise solution
Weight capacity 100kg/220 lbs - Digital tracker LCD screen
Starter batteries included - Includes 2 resistance bands
Hydraulic cylinder drive system
Step motion heights adjustable - Wide non slip step pedals
Mini Stepper Description:
- This Mini Stepper from Sunny Health and Fitness is a middle of the road mini stepper that comes with an attractive price range that is difficult to ignore and it comes backed with a good mix of mostly positive reviews from previous buyers across many different countries such as the UK, Canada and the US.
- The dimensions to note when delivered are 40.6cm long by 31.8cm wide by 34.3cm high and the assembled dimensions are 13.5 inches high by 16 inches wide by 12.5 inches deep so you get a very small exercise machine that takes up minimal space in your home unlike larger pieces of fitness equipment such as treadmills or exercise bikes. Batteries are included in the package for the digital monitor to get you started and there are resistance bands included to improve the toning of your upper body core muscle groups of arms, chest and your back
- The heights of the steps can be adjusted with the twist of a knob, you get robust non slip wide pedals to cater for faster paced stepping and the digital monitor keeps track of the main parameters such as steps, scans, calories and timings. A manual is included which must be read prior to use especially from a maintenance point of view so please make not to skip this part
- For the resistance, it is powered using Hydraulic cylinders, the grips on the resistance bands are high quality and comfortable to use with their textured grips and the maximum weight capacity guidance allowance is 100kg or 15.7 stone
Price Guide: Less than £80 @ Amazon UK
Key Parts - Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper
Digital monitor mini screen with large digits
2 resistance bands to be attached
Step heights can be adjusted
Powered using Hydraulic cylinders
Large and wide non slip pedals
Key Dimensions - Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper
Maximum height is 13.5 inches
16 inches wide by 12.5 inches deep
Weight capacity 100kg or 15.7 stone or 220 lbs
Pros to Note:
- Instead of using a treadmill, you get a low impact exercise routine here which is kinder to your knees, joints and ankles
- Unlike larger units of exercise machines, you get a small compact stepper here that takes up minimum space in your home and can be stored away easily after use or even under your bed
- You can start at the lower steps to get accustomed to it and then work to larger and higher steps as time goes by once you get the hang of it
- Instead of having to go walking at night or in bad weather conditions, you can easily get your steps completed in the comfort of your own home – keep warm, safe and dry!
- You can get to work on your thighs, calves, obliques, hips and buttocks all at the same time while getting your upper body and shoulder workout on the bands in tandem with the stepping
- It helps to provide a lighter type exercise session rather than a hardcore cardio session so you can get your steps in without having to break a massive sweat in the process
- Rather than paying out big money for a large treadmill, rowing machine or exercise bike, you can get your mini stepper at a fraction of the price so there are certainly a lot of money to be saved when buying a mini stepper like this
Cons to Note:
- The batteries LR44H used for the monitor are different to the normal type batteries and can be more difficult than expected to source (when the time comes to have them replaced)
- The digital monitor is quite basic and we would question the accuracy of some of the data such as calories being burned
- There is no pre-set programmes, blue tooth connectivity, MP3 connection so it’s a very basic piece of equipment without any of the higher end premium features
- There is no historical memory from one session to the next so you start from scratch every time you start a new stepping session
- You need to pay particular attention to any squeaking noises and applications of oils where necessary
- In terms of cardio workouts, the mini stepper is way behind what you get when compared to running on a treadmill – it’s harder to get the blood and sweat pumping here in our opinion
- Good balance is needed on your end as it doesn’t come with any centre stabiliser support bars
- Warranty appears to be limited to 30 days only and isolated cases of leaking oils from the hydraulics have been reported -plus they can get hot so be careful to let them cool down first
Alternative Mini Steppers
If you need to consider alternative Mini Steppers from Sunny Health & Fitness, then check out 2 other options summarised briefly as follows where they will provide additional support in terms of a stabilisation bar for balance support and base support from the ground surface.
Alternative 1: Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper with Stabiliser Base Ring
More stability on the base with a metal ring
Set of resistance bands are also included
Adjustable height for steps and studier design
Maximum user weight also 110kg of 220 lbs
Small mini digital tracking device provided
Price Guide: Tends to be less than £100
Alternative 2: Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper with Stabiliser Handles
Heavier weight capacity up to 18 stones
Includes the centre stabiliser bar with handles
2 way adjustable handles and step heights
Dual hydraulic cylinders with large pedals
Stabiliser base ring also included for extra balance
Price Guide: Also tends to be less than £100
Video Insert: Full body workout on your Sunny Health Mini Stepper
After completing our review for this Sunny Health and Fitness mini stepper, we hope our work here can help you out in some small way and perhaps give you some direction on what you should do next. It’s a small compact exercise stepper that takes up minimum space and gives you a low impact exercise solution that you can complete in the comfort of your own home. For those of you who do not have the space or the money for a treadmill or an exercise bike, then this mini stepper can give you an alternative means to getting your steps in but don’t be expecting miracles as the cardio workout on a mini stepper is a far less challenging than the cardio workout session you get on a bike, rowing machine or a treadmill in our humble opinion.
Would we recommend it? Based on the price and value you get, it would have to be a yes and further information along with further reviews and updated prices can be double checked below…
Sunny Health Fitness Mini Stepper Community Feedback
Have you ever used a Sunny Health & Fitness Mini Stepper yourself in the past? Any problems that we should know about?
If possible, feel free to educate others in the wider community by leaving your opinions or feedback in the comment box section provided below…