Do you need to learn more about the JLL R200 Rowing Machine? If so, then please make sure to check out our JLL R200 Rowing Machine review which will outline everything you need to know before you make any final decision. We have also compared this Rowing machine to other JLL Rowing machine models such as the Ventus and the Aqua further down on this page so at least you have more than just one option to consider before it arrives at your own doorstep so to speak.
Included in our review will be various video inserts which will give you a better understanding about the assembly process involved and what this Rowing machine from JLL is all about plus a series of frequently asked questions that tend to come which should answer some of the queries that you may possibly have.
Some of the key features that stand out for this Rowing machine is the robust frame work, the comfortable saddle and the smooth and quiet rowing experiences during your rowing routines. It has the built in wheels for easy transportation to your preferred location, it is lightweight at less than 25kg and the foot pedals offer a secure and flexible fitting for a safe non slip rowing experience. You have the console display with the large digits, it is belt driven with magnetic resistance and the handlebars are padded with non-slip rubber and foam to keep your hands protected especially for the longer training sessions
Read also: Our JLL T350 Treadmill review here
Rowing Machine Overview
|Brand Model||JLL R200 Rowing Machine|
|Resistance Type:||Magnetic Resistance x 10 levels|
|Operation:||Direct belt driven|
|Support:||Call the office on 0800 6123 988 or 0121 328 7507|
|Max user weight:||100kg or 15.7 stone or 220 lbs|
|Best place to buy:||Amazon UK – View stock availability here|
Video Insert: How to Assemble the JLL R200 Rowing Machine
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q1, What is the maximum weight holding capacity?
- A, The guide for the maximum weight capacity is 15.7 stone or 100kg (Ventus 2 is 120kg) or 220 lbs
- Q2, Can it be folded away after use?
- A, Yes it can be folded away with the seat rail folded upwards to a height of 127cm
- Q3, Is there a cooling fan provided with the R200?
- A, No, there is no fan with the R200 but it is available with the Ventus 2,3 and Ventus Pro.
- Q4, What are the space requirements once folded and assembled?
- A, The space you will need when folded/assembled is 127cm high by 52cm wide by 180cm long
- Q5, What level of warranty is provided on the JLL R200?
- A, They offer a 12 month warranty protection for this rowing machine
- Q6, Where can I access an assembly manual if misplaced?
- A, You can take a look at the assembly manual on this page here
- Q7, Do you need batteries or do you plug it into the mains?
- A, All you need is 2 AA batteries and these are included in the pack to get you started
- Q8, Does this rowing machine display your pulse rate?
- A, No, unfortunately there is no tracking for your pulse heart rate on this machine
JLL R200 Rowing Machine Review – Key Features
JLL R200 Rowing Machine
Rowing Machine Overview
Advance belt drive operation - Elite performance home rower
Foldable for compact storage
Includes transport roller wheels - Small LCD tracking monitor
Magnetic resistance system - 10 levels of resistances
ROHS CE compliance - UK based support team
Max user weight 100kg/220 lbs
1 year warranty
Rowing Machine Description:
- This rowing machine from JLL is one of many under this brand and this one is specifically the JLL R200 Rowing Machine which comes with the lowest price from JLL so it is ideal for people who are seeking a bargain. Their other Rowing machines such as the Ventus Pro and Aqua cost a good deal more than the R200 so if the lowest price is what you are after, then this is the rowing machine for you
- It is a lightweight Rowing machine weighing less than 25kg made from Alloy steel and the maximum weight capacity allowance is 15.7 stone or 100kg weight. It has the 10 levels of magnetic resistance beside the flywheel and the resistance is adjusted by the simple twist of the resistance knob dial. There is a small 3 inch LCD digital tracking device built in with 7 functions such as calories, counts per minute, timings, speed and distance and it is powered with 2 AA batteries which come included in the pack
- The operation for this rowing machine is advanced belt driven supported with a circular frame, it can be folded away after use in an upright position, there is a UK based warehouse and support team and it comes with the ROHS CE compliance as standard. The length of the seat rail is 115.5cm, the full length of the rower is 180cm the width is 52cm and the height is 49cm when in use. When folded upright, the height for storage is 127cm.
- The box dimensions are 124cm long by 22.5cm wide by 58cm high and it comes backed with a 12 month warranty for your added protection. Assembly will take 30 mins on average and is supported with online videos and the JLL R200 manual can be checked out here if needed. The footplates are adjustable for a snug fitting, it has the double wheel sliding mechanism and the seat has a soft padding with foam to provide you with all the comfort you will need.
Price Guide: £230 to £280 @ Amazon UK
Belt Driven Rower – JLL R200 Rowing Machine
Operates with a Direct belt mechanism
Offers a smooth high quality and quiet workout
Heavy duty belt with support frame
Magnetic Resistance – JLL R200 Rowing Machine
10 levels of magnetic resistance
Adjusted with the twist of a knob
Magnets are positioned close to the flywheel
Console 7 functions – JLL R200 Rowing Machine
Large digits on a 3 inch LCD digital screen
Tracks counts, times, distances, timings and calories
Simple design and easy to reach and view data
Box Dimensions – JLL R200 Rowing Machine
Length of the box is 124cm long
Width is 22.5cm and the height is 58cm
Gross weight is 26.2kg and the net weight is 23kg
Pros for the JLL R200 Rowing Machine
- Attractive price level where you should be able to get your hands on it for less than £280 when seen at the time of this review
- The level of noise emitted is on the lower scale which is ideal when you have to train early mornings or late evenings when there are other members asleep in your home
- You get a great manual and video support when it comes to assembly so there are no problems whatsoever when it comes to assembly
- Premium branded rowing machines will cost 3 or 4 times more than the JLL R200 so there are certainly savings to be made here – especially if you are a beginner or at intermediate level
- The quality of the foot straps with the Velcro strapping is really good and it offers flexibility of upward and backward movements
- You get a low impact cardio exercise session which is kinder on your lower limps and joints with less fatigue setting in especially if you have knee or ankle problems.
- Assembly can take as little as 20 minutes for people with good DIY skills and the batteries are included to get you started
Cons for the JLL R200 Rowing Machine
- There is no pulse rate or heart rate tracking available or any pulse sensors for that matter
- You don’t have any Bluetooth connectivity to smart devices, no music, no apps, no MP3 players and no loud speakers so it a quite basic machine without any of the entertainment features built in
- There is only 7 features on this console where the Ventus 2/3/Pro and Aqua offer 11 functions on their monitors
- It lacks a cooling fan to support longer sessions which the Ventus 2/3/Pro can offer you
- You are limited to a maximum user weight of 100kg – if you are heavier than this, then you need to check out the Aqua or the Ventus models instead.
- Some of the parts like the seat, stitching on the handlebars and the straps are a bit flimsy so extra care and attention is needed on your end
- Issues have been reported about the screws on the seat falling off after a few months which should be pointed out – make sure they are fastened tightly and securely 100%
JLL R200 vs JLL Ventus & JLL Aqua
The JLL R200 is the lowest price Rowing machine under the JLL brand and if you have more money to spend, then you can check out the other models which are summarised in the comparison table below. They offer different types of resistance, there are cooling fans in place on the Ventus and there are more functions available on the console when compared to the JLL R200. If you are heavier than 100kg, then the Ventus 2 can handle weights up to 120kg and the Ventus Pro and JLL Aqua can handle heavier weights again of up to 150kg.
|Model||R200||Ventus 2||Ventus Pro||Aqua|
|Resistance:||Magnetic||Air + Magnetic||Air||Hydro + Elastic|
|Monitor:||7 functions||11 functions||11 functions||11 functions|
Video Insert: How to deal with Belt Issues
After completing this review for the JLL R200 Rowing machine, we hope our work here can help you out in some small way and perhaps give you some direction on what choices you should take. It is not the best rowing machine out there by a long shot but you get a middle of the road Rowing machine here that costs significantly lower than some of the other premium brands so there are certainly savings to be made here. You get a solution when it comes to a low impact cardio exercise session to burn off calories and tone up on your various muscle groups but you also need to treat it with care and attention as it wouldn’t be suitable for heavy duty hard core training in our opinion – more for beginner and intermediate level training as some of the associated parts tend to be a little flimsy.
Assembly is not all that bad as you have all the information and support you will need to get the job done, the noise level emitted is on the lower scale and you have a UK based support team in place as well as a 12 month warranty for peace of mind before you commit to a purchase. Not everyone can afford a Concept 2 Rower or even a Nordictrack Rower which costs well over £1000 so this lower priced Rower from JLL certainly gives you a much more affordable rowing solution for the average household.
Would we buy it? To be honest we are only 50/50 on it. Its looks great and does the job and certainly the initial impressions are very good but we would be worried about the durability and longevity of this machine. Our preference would have to be the JTX Freedom Magnetic and Air Rowing machine available in West Sussex with a longer 2 year warranty and further information along with updated prices can be viewed below for your consideration…
JLL R200 Rowing Machine Community Feedback
Have you ever used a JLL R200 Rowing Machine yourself in the recent past? Any issues that we should know about?
If possible, feel free to educate others in the wider community by leaving your opinions or feedback in the comment box section provided below…